PDA

View Full Version : Remove Bumpers to Change Crib Sheet?

Piglet
02-09-2005, 03:51 PM
I just pull the bumper up to highest it can go all around (so right under the top of the crib) and then I have enough room to wiggle the mattress around. I usually find that I can change the sheet without removing the mattress, just by rasing each corner individually.

I hope that helps,

MarisaSF
02-09-2005, 06:27 PM
A friend gave me this tip that makes changing sheets a lot easier:

layer sheets and waterproof mattress pads. I think I was able to get 2 or three layers in there. When you want to "change" sheets, just peel off top sheet and pad. That way you only have to fiddle with the bumper once in three changes!

Wife_and_mommy
03-02-2005, 03:14 PM
What a great idea the PP had!!! I'll have to start doing that! Another tip is don't have your DH change the sheets if he's not accustomed...mine ripped half the ties off the bumper :) Have yet to reinforce the hand sewing I did to put them back on.

meshell
03-03-2005, 07:30 PM
LOL at the DH comment! When we were putting our new bedding on the crib, I asked DH to help me tie on the bumper, and he pulled the ties so hard that they nearly ripped out of the side! I just told him to stop and I would do it myself...he doesn't know his own strength!

I'm sure he'll soon learn that baby things a really delicate!

becky7700
03-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Personally, the ultimate crib sheet is the worst baby product I have purchased so far. I completely regret the money that I spent on it. It doesn't fit my crib well and doesn't lay flat and smooth. It take me 10 min to get it to fit OK.

I would recommend to only buy 1 if you want to try it, b/c you might HATE it like I do.

mom2aidan
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
I had the same experience with the ultimate crib sheet. I didn't realy like it. I got it for our baby registry and I regretted keeping it.

As for changing the sheet, I always ended up taking out the bumper pads and at first, I had a hard time but eventually I got so used to it. My DS is now 9 months so he hasn't been using one since he was 5 months.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
03-05-2005, 01:36 PM
>I just pull the bumper up to highest it can go all around (so
>right under the top of the crib) and then I have enough room
>to wiggle the mattress around. I usually find that I can
>change the sheet without removing the mattress, just by rasing
>each corner individually.
>
>I hope that helps,
>

I do what she does. It is really easy - I worried about it to, but it's no big deal, especially if your crib has wheels.

youngmommy
04-12-2006, 10:44 AM
BS"D

Ok, so maybe I'm jsut slow, but I can't figure out how to change my crib sheet without removing the bumpers. Is there an easier way?? I hate to un-tie and re-tie them every time. Any suggestions?

TIA!