PDA

View Full Version : PJ Kids furniture?

jobo
02-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Anyone ever heard of/have any experience with this brand? We are considering purchasing a set in this brand, but can't seem to find any reviews anywhere! Makes me a little wary of the brand name, KWIM?

Jodie

August Mom
02-13-2005, 11:28 AM
What are you buying? I am fairly certain that we looked at this brand for painted tables and chairs but have not seen it in cribs, etc.

Octobermommy
02-13-2005, 03:33 PM
We have the mission style crib and we really love it.

We did have several problems with them though and we were not sure we were going to get it. We were told it would take 6-8 weeks to come in. We ordered it in plenty of time( 4.5 months before baby was due). We also had problems with the local baby store, they were very bad with communication. We did not receive a call from the store saying it was in so 9 weeks after we ordered it we called and they said normally P.J. Kids came in after 6 weeks. They originally told us they had moved warehouses and lost our crib. They were having to manually count every piece and ours was the hardest to find( I don't know how they came up with that one). Then they changed stories and said they were backordered( which would have been nice info when we ordered it in the first place). We were told it would be September before we got it( we ordered in May). Baby was due at the beginning of October. We contemplated cancelling the order many times but decided to stick it out. We ended up getting it the end of August. The manufacturing date on it was April of 04, so there was no way it was backordered. They did not seem too on top of there game but we really do love the crib.

If you love the crib I would go to a baby store that works with them closely and find out before you pay for it if they are backordered etc. I don't think they should be moving warehouses again so soon so you should be good there!

HTH!

jobo
02-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, we went ahead and bought the sleigh-style convertible crib and the matching combo unit. The store had it in stock, so warehouse problems shouldn't be an issue. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! They are being delivered in 2 weeks and I guess we'll find out then.