PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier Glider Rocker from Target?

kimbe
02-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have any opinions/experience with the Dutailier Glider Rocker from Target?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_9/601-2089257-3659352?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0000AV4KI

I don't really trust the Target review board though. I was wondering if anyone from this board has any comments!

Thanks in advance for your help/advice!

Kim

DebbieJ
02-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I have this chair. I registered for it because we had no plans to buy a glider, but I didn't expect anyone to buy it for us. Imagine my surprise when it showed up at my front door!

Anyway, the chair is good enough. You definitely get what you pay for. The fabric is in no way plush, but the padding is adequate. It is not very wide, so I found it difficult to use with the Boppy pillow. We didn't really use it for nursing until my son was able to hold himself up a bit more.

I am 5'4" and I am able to lean my head back and keep sleeping during those late night feedings, but it is not the most comfortable position. I think I probably would have liked a chair with a recline.

As for the tipping issue that some of the reviewers at target.com mention--I have no experience with that yet. My son is only 15 months and hasn't decided to try to climb on the chair yet.

Bottom line: If you can afford a better chair, get one. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, this one will probably be fine.

~ deb
DS 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

kimbe
02-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks so much for the input! We are in the same situation that you are. We weren't really going to buy one, but we figured if someone wanted to get one for us, we would use it.

I appreciate your opinion. (Esp. about it not tipping over for you!) We are going to register for it. If we get it great! If we don't, that is fine.

Thanks again.

PS. Did your smell bad --with the flame retardant stuff-- like some of the reviews said?

Kim

newmama4
02-28-2005, 12:03 AM
I also have this glider and I really like it. I don't know if it tips over, my DD is only 3 months old, and no, it didn't smell bad at all (for the record it didn't smell at all, bad or good).

I think the glider is smooth and plush and we use it for nursing everyday and night! I tried out a lot of gliders and for the money, I definitly recomend it!

Good luck,
Elise
Hannah Meira's Eema (11/16/04)

kimbe
02-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the reply...I really appreciate the input! I think that it will work for us!
Kim