PDA

View Full Version : Great find...new Combi Playpen

jillsuz
02-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I am 7 months pregnant and was looking for a solution for my baby to sleep in for the first few months. Our nursery with the crib is on the other side of the house, which would be a pain to get to since I will be nursing at night. So we were looking at getting either a co-sleeper or bassinet. Well, I found this new Combi playpen at Babystyle's web site here: http://babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=15834&SIND=1&dept=36&cmCL=geardept-co-sleepersplaypens&cmPG=

We also found it for cheaper ($150) at a local baby store, Baby Love, in Fort Lauderdale. What is so cool about this playpan, and different from pack n plays, is that it has a detachable bassinet with separate rocking pedestal, so we can put the bassinet by our bed, and keep the playpen part in the living room. The bassinet pedestal assembles so easy, is small, and has wheels so I can wheel is around the house, through doorways, etc. The mattress seems very comfortble too. Saved us alot of money b/c we only had to buy one thing, a combo bassinet and playpen, instead of a separate co-sleeper or bassinet and pack n' play. You should check this one out, it is so much nicer than the Graco PNPs!

angusmom
02-28-2005, 01:16 PM
We've been planning to buy the Graco PnP from BRU that has the elevated changing table and cozier bassinet but I was intrigued by your post on this COMBI unit because it's the first I've heard of it.

However, I'm a little confused. Does the Combi bassinet go INSIDE the playard? I dont understand if the bassinet and playard attach together or if their completely SEPARATE item that just happen to be sold together in the same box.

Thanks for your help!

jillsuz
02-28-2005, 02:34 PM
actually it does both. The bassinet can attach to the playpen and sit inside it (like the Graco PNP). But the unit also comes with a small pedestal that is separate that you can attach the bassinet to, and it becomes a completely separate stand-alone unit. So you can have the bassinet on the pedestal in your bedroom, the playpen in another room, and then just take the bassinet part and move it around from pedestal to playpen and vice versa. So it's very versatile. The bassinet on the pedestal looks so nice...jsut as nice as a stand-along bassinet you would buy from the store for around $100.

The other thing I like about this set is that the storage bag for traveling has wheels on it, and is kind of like a mini-suitcase. So it's very portable and great for airport traveling especially.

I think it's going to be great, and very cost-efficient.

Jill

angusmom
03-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the details! I'm going to try and see this item in person, because the photos online dont show the changing table part of things. I really like the elevated changing area on the $150 Graco PnP at BRU because it's better for my parents who are older and cant bend over as far.

nfowife
03-06-2005, 11:44 AM
angusmom, I'm attaching another pic I found at a different website that shows the changing table area, it's pretty much the same as the PNP. My mother in law went and looked at this in person for me yesterday (no retailers near me) and I think I'm going to get it!

One question to the original poster: What is the matress size (in inches) of the bassinett, could you measure it for me? I'm just wondering for having sheets to fit it. Thanks!

angusmom
03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Thank you for the additional picture! It helps a lot! I hope to see this item in person when I seriously get into shopping in a couple months!