PDA

View Full Version : Crib railing protectors/covers for teether

shannonG
03-01-2005, 03:19 AM
Does anyone know anything about these? I stayed away from cribs that had these already on, as the store clerk said that they were unsanitary...but now my son wants to chew on the white finish! I've seen the Prince Lionhart covers but the reviews on Amazon didn't look great. Does anyone have experience with crib railing covers? I don't want to spend a fortune and I want something that will stay on. I think I've heard of cloth (bumper like) ones that tie on...does anyon know anything about this? Thanks!

Devinsmom
03-01-2005, 11:45 AM
I tried the clip-on rail covers. They soon bacame an obsession with my son and he would just try to pry them off and play with them. I took them off right away and never again had a problem with him chewing the rails. The cloth ones didn't appeal to me because I thought they would get gross/soggy too often from his drool.

SashaBear
03-03-2005, 02:16 PM
My crib came with the cover. It is removable but it comes off in one long strip. I guess I can soak it in the tub if it gets nasty.

We need covers for the crib at my Moms and we checked out the Lionheart ones. We saw them at a ma and pop baby store and they had some already on the crib and we were able to pull them off with no problem at all. Any baby that can reach them I'm sure could also pull them off. Also they come in pieces so you can put them in the dishwasher but in my opinion that just makes them easier for the baby to pull off.

The one on my crib comes off but not easily. A baby would have be very smart and coordinated to get them off.

You could probably make some cloth covers pretty easily. Just get a thin piece of batting, some fabric. Sew them together in strips to fit the railing and then sew some ties on them similar to a crib bumper. I've never see them though.