PDA

View Full Version : cribs for grandmas - twins

sloan
03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
We are expecting twins. Can I get away with using pack and plays at grandmas for twins or should we look into cribs. Would would be visiting at least once a month. OPen to other suggestions as well.

babystuffbuff
03-08-2005, 09:17 PM
We have a Pack N Play at the house we live in during summertime (saying "our summer house" sounds so snotty to me, lol). We use it for when our little nieces and nephews visit, since there is a pretty steady stream of them all summer long. However, we have always just had one new baby at a time. :)

For twins, I think the Pack N Plays would work great, provided that you had two of them. Twins (which run in my family, but all of our nieces and nephews are on DH's side so far) often feel comforted sleeping in the same bed when they are teeny, but as they grow this becomes less and less comfortable, as well as less practical (When my one aunt's twins, now 2, were about 6 mos old they tried to put them in the same bed on vacation, and the one who woke up first would have fun poking her sister). The nice thing about PNPs is that they can be easily stored away. Even if you visit once a month for a week, that is another three weeks a month that they could be folded into a closet out of the way. And if Grandma's house is just a car ride away, you can always take them home if you will need them for another reason, or even keep them at home and bring them each time. Plus, kids can sleep in them well into toddlerhood.

Hope that helps. :)

WeasieG
03-16-2005, 09:48 PM
My mom just bought a Pack N Play for her house when we visit. It's great! It has a bassinet, changing table, canopy, even has a mobile! For $110, you just can't beat it in convenience and cost. :)

sloan
03-17-2005, 09:27 PM
So I went to check out pack n plays and it looks like they have a 30 lb weight limit. So technically they could share till they were each 15 pounds. I have no idea how much a typical 1,2, 3 year ols weighs. Any thoughts.