PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Rim Maple Crib -- anyone have one?

KarinaK
03-26-2005, 05:04 PM
My husband has fallen in love with this crib, but I can't find any reviews on it anywhere. Anyone familiar with the Pacific Rim Woodworking company?

Houston
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I can't help just yet but we ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, it will arrive soon and I promise to report back! Alix

Houston
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Yikes -- I typed a long message and managed to lose it in cyberspace somewhere. Anyway! Our crib arrived last week (we ordered it from Abundant Earth) and looks great. It was very easy to assemble. I was pleased with the customer service from Abundant Earth and Pacific Rim. The only minor complaint I have is that the drop release is not very smooth. However, there is no noise associated with the release so it's likely that my complaint is something that will be remedied with practice. As an aside, the locking casters work great. The Colgate mattress we have fits perfectly. All in all, we are very pleased. I will attempt to attach a photo of the assembled crib (and our very incomplete nursery!!)....

Good luck with your decision! Alix

khalloc
05-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm so glad you came back and posted about the crib. I am planning on ordering the same one. Can you tell me about the locking castors? I'm wondering if we really need them. And if you just can't go to Home Depot or something and buy them there. Is the quality of the crib good? Is it nice and sturdy? Thanks!

PS - Glad to hear about the Colgate mattress too. I've seen lots of revies on these boards and I plan to get that one when the time comes.

Cheers!
Kristen

kekane
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Has anyone else given these cribs a try recently?

khalloc
08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I did buy this crib. I LOVE it. The drop release is OK. However I RARELY use it. So I dont really care. It works fine and I LOVE the look. Its very classic and 100% maple. I've had 2 kids in it so far. Its such nice quality I would hope to save it for my grandchildren someday.