PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase changing table and bookshelf on web

jen_libby
04-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Hello,

I'm a first time mom and I'm struggling to find a website that I can trust for a changing table and/or bookshelf. Does anyone have a website that they've found to be reliable, materials of good quality, and not totally overpriced like pbk?

Thanks in advance for any help!

angusmom
04-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I havent personally purchased the items you mention at www.target.com, but I know a lot of people are shopping there lately and they have a ton of items posted. I've window shopped there a lot - it's one of my top sites to go and browse whenever I'm starting to research something I want to buy.

Some other good sites, but I dont know if they have the items you want, are www.babyuniverse.com, www.wal-mart.com, and www.jcpenney.com.

Good luck! :-)

C99
04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
We just bought a changing table from Target.com, although our #2 hasn't arrived yet so it's untested. The changing table went together well and seems to be fairly sturdy. The quality of the piece is fair for the price we paid ($79.99), but it's certainly not exceptional.

Honestly, I'm really coming around to the idea of buying IKEA-quality pieces for most baby items. The value for the price is great, and the pieces will be used for 3-5 years at most, and since baby items don't have a ton of resale value due to CPSC guidelines and upgrades, etc., it makes more sense to splurge on items that are going to be used for the long haul.

lindsrae
04-23-2005, 02:03 PM
We just purchased and changing table/hutch combo from jcpenney.com and were happy with the experience. Shipping was only $25 and it was delivered in only 3 days :)