PDA

View Full Version : I have the space, but...mini or full co-sleeper?

littlewilson
05-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Our bedroom is big enough to accomodate the full-size Arm's Reach cosleeper, and the price difference really isn't considerable enough to be a factor, but we still can't decide whether the mini might make more sense. Here's why...

- We plan on moving the baby to the crib after a few months; before the point where the difference in weight limit (23 vs. 30lb) will come into play.

- The mini should make it just a little easier for me to get around it to get in and out of bed.

- We're thinking that an infant may be more comfortable in the smaller space.

The only advantage that we can see for the full-size is that it can be used as a play yard afterwards, whereas the mini will be a one-trick pony...useless after the first few months. Do many people actually use the cosleeper as a play yard later on? Are there other reasons why a full-size might be better? TIA!!!

susanbabe
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi there
My husband and I have the exact same dilemma. I'd love to find a product that actually had 2 uses, which the regular size could have....if it's actually a viable travel crib. We wouldn't neet it for travel much, but it would be nice to not get a pack and play AND the co-sleeper.

Has anyone used the co-sleeper for occasional travel? I know it's heavier, but just for occasional use, could it work? How is it to put together?

Thanks for the help for us newbies!

Susan

nfowife
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
We had the pnp w/bassinett, but last week (after having our DD home for a few days) I sent it back to BRU with DH and had him get the mini cosleeper. I love it! I love having her right next to me so I can constantly check on her without having to get out of bed. The mini is not too small, and like you we are moving her to her crib before she hits the limit anyhow. And the mini also packs up pretty well into its own bag, smaller than the PNP in its bag (can't speak for the full size cosleeper though).
Just wanted to say so far, we love our mini, I can still get in and out of bed with only a little scooting so it's not bad! You never know how sore you will be so you need to get in and out of bed easily!

christymc33
05-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi,
We have the mini, and we wished we had bought the full. We bought the mini to save space, but dd is three months and 24 inches, 12.5 pounds, and is already hitting the sides of the mini with her legs, and it already seems to small for her. I had planned on her being able to stay in it until she was 4-4.5 months, but we already have to move her to her crib due to the small space of the mini. I have actually considered buying the larger one just to use for 1-2 months, but decided against it.
Just our experience :-)

anamika
05-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi,
ITA with the PP. We have the mini and I wish we had bought the original. She slept in it for maybe 2-3 months but by the end her arms were hitting the sides and I felt claustrophobic looking at her in it :) She's really petite too. We ended up buying a pack and play anyway and she still fits in the bassinet portion at 7 months.
Good luck,
HTH,