PDA

View Full Version : bonavita crib

scouthr
05-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I've been looking at a Bonavita crib, specifically the Sheffield. Anyone with feedback on this model or bonavita cribs. Have read the comments on customer service and slow delivery, but I think the store I'm looking at has the crib in stock. Any comments about quality and/or positive/negative features of the model. Thanks!

dianna
05-19-2005, 10:48 PM
I ordered the Bonavita Calloway crib - I really liked the styling of the Bonavitas. I also like how SOLID they are.

From talking to numerous sales people at different stores, I found out that the Sheffield and the Brookfield both have long delays due to the fact that they are manufactured in Thailand or Indonesia (I forget). Anyway, due to all the tragedy over there, there was a huge backlog in production. But if its in stock at your store, then that would be no issue. I've heard up to as long as 16-20 weeks on those 2 models!

I've also heard that people have good luck with the wood finishes more so than the white painted finish. The white painted finish has more complaints of drippy paint marks, etc.

I don't have mine yet, but did tons of research prior to ordering it. So I thought I'd share the things I found out. Good luck!

GingerS
06-01-2005, 03:35 PM
You've probably already read some of my other posts on the problems we've had with our Bonavita crib (the Contempo model from the Avante line), but thought I'd update you on the current situation. Almost nine months after we first ordered our crib, we still do not have a complete, undamaged crib in place. In my last post, I described how we discovered a large crack running down one of the footboards before our baby was even born. Well, when the store we bought it from contacted Bonavita, they said that that model had been discontinued and that it could take another three months to get the part. They said we could wait for it, or take $50 compensation. Whoopee. We told them we'd wait. I didn't feel they should get off the hook for a measley $50 after all the trouble we've been through with them. I have definitely not been pleased with our Bonavita experience.

nupe
06-03-2005, 07:13 AM
We have the Jamie crib in a dark cherry color. It has since been discontinued, I have heard. One of the reasons we chose it was styling, it has the same lines as our dutalier, and similar color as well. It was in stock at our local baby furniture store. We have not had any problems with it, and DS is now 1.

Good luck in your search.

Nupe

inmypjs
06-03-2005, 07:58 PM
We have a Bonivita Carla crib in Pecan finish and really like it. It is sturdy and we have had no problems. It did take 12 weeks to order - luckily we shopped early. I recently found out that the furniture store we purchased it from is no longer carrying Bonavita due to the length of time it took to get things in... I think our crib was a good value for the money (around $300).

Nemesia
06-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm in the same boat as GingerS. We ordered our Bonavita and were very excited when it arrived only 4 weeks after ordering. Unfortunatrly there was a chunk of wood missing rom one the top rails. 7 months later we were finally able to cancel our order. I am extremely dissapointed with Bonavita and cannot recommend them at all.

scouthr
06-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Just to update everyone, we did in fact purchase the Bonavita Sheffield Lifestyle Crib. It is really beautiful wood and very solid. Husband had no trouble putting it together and all pieces seem intact. We were lucky that the store had the crib and combo dresser in stock. In fact, they said that 3 others had picked up the same model that day! If it is as stable and the quality holds up as much as it is beautiful, then we have no complaints. Will update again once little DS arrives!