PDA

View Full Version : Baby's Dream Crib & Case Pieces

tamar948
05-28-2005, 06:50 PM
I have been looking at the Baby's Dream Infinity Crib along with possibly the matching dresser/ change (combo piece). It has been great to read the positive reviews (both in the book - which is where I learned of the line) of the crib.

2 questions:
1. I am a little concerned about the prices I have seen things at here in Chicago/ Chicago suburbs - they do not seem to be in line with 200 - 300 range that others seem to have found. The only store that seems to carry them in IL is called My Child's Room. Are there other options that I am missing?

2. I did not see any reviews of Baby's Dream case pieces - does anyone have any experience with the case pieces? The Infinity combo unit is being sold at $600 (also My Child's Room) and that seems a bit high given the other est. I have seen. (I could not find any of the recommended $500 Rumble Tuff pieces at the store even though they say they carry the line *sigh*)

I would appreciate any additional suggestions/ recommendations for Chicago area options.

Many thanks and warm regards,
Tamar
PS I am new to this forum but glad to have discovered you all and the wonderful advice! The book and site have been invaluable - I am due in Sept w/ my first and feeling quite clueless quite often.

soontobemommy
05-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi,
Not sure if I can be of help (am new too btw, also having my first in Nov and yes, am clueless so hello to you!) I have been looking at Baby's Dream - Generation Next and found 2 stores in Denver that have it and one is a chain - USA Baby - do you have those? The cost for the crib are about $480 and then each store has 20% off (this weekend only but they also have had the $480 as their sale price for weeks....). The combo dresser is about $600 though. I have never seen any of the pieces for $200-300 though - I know the Generation Next crib without the drop gate is $380 and maybe the infinity is a bit less? i didn't see that one but assumed all were about the same. Do check if you have USA Baby though as they have really good prices! I am not in Chicago so again may not be much help (am in CO)!

Good luck!
Lauren

Severine
05-29-2005, 01:26 AM
We got our Baby's Dream Infinity pieces at USA Baby, like the pp mentioned. It was during their "Once A Trimester" Sale and the crib wqas $300 (normally $400) and the case pieces (combo dresser and 5-piece chest) were $500 each (I think they were $600 or so normally). We were quoted a backlog of 8-10 weeks until the pieces would come in, but the crib was in in about 5 weeks, and the dressers in about 3.5 weeks! VERY pleased with these items. The crib is solid and sturdy. The dressers are beautiful. The only thing...the drawers are not dovetail jointed like some of the higher end brands are, but they seem sturdy enough. The drawer bottoms are thin wood pieces, but again, that's common in these baby brands.

Also, if you're considering the chestnut finish, keep in mind that it is lighter than photographed. I emailed Baby's Dream directly through their website for a sample of the stain and they sent a nice-sized block of wood out in the color that the crib and dressers ended up being, which isn't what the pictures look like. But when I've photographed my own set, it's looked darker, too, so it may just be difficult to photograph.

If you don't have a USA Baby in your area, check with some smaller boutiques. There is one in my town that carried the Baby's Dream line, but they were almost $100 more expensive for each item than USA Baby, making it worth driving an hour out of our way to get these pieces. I think Baby's Dream also had a search engine on its website to find stores that carry their line.

HTH!

pcjc629
06-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I was just recently looking at the Baby's Dream website and noticed that they are having a promotional sale right now for $50 off a crib and case. There is a coupon that can be printed from the website. Unfortunately, I don't have any feedback for you on the case pieces. I have the Baby's Dream Roma crib on order. Our baby room is rather small, so we decided to put some shelving in the closet instead of order a case or dresser for the room. Anyway, I don't know if the coupon will help, but I thought I'd pass on the info just in case you didn't know about the sale. www.babysdream.com

Page

tamar948
06-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much for calling my attention to the coupon... Unfortunately, the dealers nearest me were not participating.

I really appreciate everyone's input, so I thought it might be worthwhile to share the steps we've taken so far:
- a local dealer had a 1 day/ 12 hr sale that we attended, they had a ton of the stuff we were looking at on sale, including the Infinity crib for 299

After looking at dressers in a variety of stores (non-children/ baby stores) and reassessing the Baby's Dream dressers, the Baby's Dream pieces seemed sturdy and well-made (they were also reasonably priced with the sale). So, we decided to give one of the dressers a try. (I'm generally not one who goes in for matching sets, but this felt like the path of least resistance).

We are expecting delivery in the next 8 - 10 weeks... I will do my best to follow up here and let folks know how it worked out.

missy425
06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
I know you already bought your furniture but I just wanted to let you know that we bought the Infinity crib and 3 drawer dresser from what is now My Child's Room in Chicago. Last fall they were still known as The Baby's Room (some connection to USA Baby) when we ordered our furniture. At the time, the crib was $299 and the 3 drawer dresser was $399 during their Once a Trimester sale. We've been very happy with both pieces. We just lowered the crib to the second setting yesterday as DD is getting more and more active. As the previous person mentioned, the chestnut is much lighter in person. We planned to order another color based on the web pictures but loved the chestnut in person. Hope you like it!

missy425
06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
I know you already bought your furniture but I just wanted to let you know that we bought the Infinity crib and 3 drawer dresser from what is now My Child's Room in Chicago. Last fall they were still known as The Baby's Room (some connection to USA Baby) when we ordered our furniture. At the time, the crib was $299 and the 3 drawer dresser was $399 during their Once a Trimester sale. We've been very happy with both pieces. We just lowered the crib to the second setting yesterday as DD is getting more and more active. As the previous person mentioned, the chestnut is much lighter in person. We planned to order another color based on the web pictures but loved the chestnut in person. Hope you like it!

missy425
06-26-2005, 09:01 PM

pcjc629
06-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Glad to know that you are happy with your Baby's Dream crib and dresser. I should be able to pick my crib up next week. I can't wait! I also ordered the chestnut... it is a nice shade!

Page
EDD 9-28-05