PDA

View Full Version : bedrail for convertable crib?

ncmommy
05-29-2005, 01:16 PM
We converted our crib to a toddler bed/daybed today and had planned to attach a bedrail to it, but the First Years and the Safety First rails are too long and don't really work on the crib. Is there one out there that works? I want him to be able to crawl in and out on his own (I'm recovering from a C-section and can't lift him into the crib right now.) I'm also thinking that with a bed rail he might be more likely to stay in the bed.

Thanks!
Robin

Play Pen
05-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Bed rails are designed to be used on beds with box springs/foundations and a mattress. They are not designed ot be used on cribs. They will not work properly on cribs and would be unsafe used in this manner. Only use crb rails that are provided by the manufacturer of your particular model of crib, if available.

Play Pen
05-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Bed rails are designed to be used on beds with box springs/foundations and a mattress. They are not designed ot be used on cribs. They will not work properly on cribs and would be unsafe used in this manner. Only use crb rails that are provided by the manufacturer of your particular model of crib, if available.