PDA

View Full Version : ChildCraft Crib 10171

tlw
05-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi,

I've seen some disturbing postings on the target.com site about the condition of the Childcraft crib 10171. Nearly all the posting report severe damage from shipping. Has anyone ordered this crib, and if so were you happy with the condition when it arrived? I was set to order this crib based on the price and safety ratings from BB, but now I have seriously reservations.

Thanks for your feedback in advance--I'm a first-time mom-to-be!

Cara2
06-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi,

We were thinking of ordering the same crib. Were planning on ordering it tonight, infact (not from Target but from another website). I hadn't read the other posts, though. Wish I could be of more help.

P.S. We're looking for a dresser/changing table to go with this crib (not a regular changing table w/the open shelves). Any ideas?

Good luck!

mhr
06-21-2005, 03:04 PM
I ordered the 10171 from Target.com, although I was nervous about what I read as well. They don't seem to pad it terribly well. However, we just assembled ours and it looks great, very nice looking and sturdy feeling crib. There is one spot where the paint was rubbed off by shipping damage. I'm not happy about it, but it is purely cosmetic, and I'll probably just dab some white paint on that area. I get the impression it would be a hassle to deal with replacing a piece, so I didn't think it would be worth it for a small nick.

I'm not sure that's helpful...

JenniferMC1971
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
AGH! I was about to do a separate post but then I read this. Yes, my crib arrived yesterday and was damaged from shipping!! I ordered it off of Dreamtimebaby.com. I called UPS and they said they would come on Monday to pick it back up and send it back. I called dreamtimebaby and they said we could send the crib back or they'd call the manufacturer and send out a replacement part for whatever part was damaged. It's not a small nick for us, it looks like a pretty big gouge on a post or something but we didn't open the whole package so I can't tell for sure. Any suggestions? Oh, and dreamtimebaby said now the #10171 is on backorder, so it wouldn't ship until mid-July if we wanted an entirely new crib. My baby is due Sept. 2 so I guess we have some time, but this is frustrating.

Jennifer
jennifercollins1971 at hotmail.com

cmdunn1972
06-27-2005, 05:53 AM
I have a Child Craft crib and it arrived with no damage from shipping. My only issues with it are 1) there is no teething rail and 2) the release drop is difficult to operate.