PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Combi Playard (like PNP)?

twodogs
06-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I saw a post on this a while back, but not much follow-up. It looks a little nicer than the PNP, since the bassinet can be free standing, but I have a few questions (no where to look at in IRL around here).

If you have it, are you happy with it? Does the bassinet vibrate/play music when it is on the stand? Does the main floor level of the playard vibrate/play music? What are the measurements of the bassinet mattress (do regular bassinet sheets fit it)? Do regular PNP sheets fit the lower level? Thanks a bunch; the baby is due in less than 4 weeks, and we planned on using the PNP in our room for a while, but may want to return the PNP and get this instead.

nfowife
06-07-2005, 03:02 PM
I was going to get it, but when my MIL went to check it out for me (no one sells it where I live, I'd have had to order it online), she was turned off by the size of the bassinett- it seemed very small. When she took measurements for me, I couldn't even find sheets to fit it, even moses basket sheets were too big! So I got a regular PNP with the bassinett instead. Then ended up returning that for a cosleeper when DD came home and I love it!

tiapam
06-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I have seen it in the store. I think it is cool but obviously I don't know how well it works IRL. One thing that might work for a bassinet sheet is to use a pillowcase. I used a king size pillowcase on our regular sized bassinet mattress. Also, I would think if the size is that odd, maybe one or two sheets are included? Or maybe the whole pad thing goes in the washer, like with bouncy chairs? I think if I had a house with lots of levels, this would have been a good idea, since the bassinet works in and out of the playard.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

twodogs
06-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for your replies. We live in a two story house, with the baby's room and our room upstairs, all the living space downstairs. So I figure this would be easier to carry up and down the stairs (down during the day, up at night in our room) while she is little than the entire PNP.

Thanks for the advice about the pillow cases. That, plus a waterproof pad, will hopefully work well. I did check out the bassinet sheets at BRU the other day, and the sizes vary depending on the brand. I don't have the playard yet, so can't measure it. I'll let you know how it turns out.