PDA

View Full Version : Glider Dilemma

quartzlynn
06-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Hi all,
I am in a glider dilemma....Decidinjg between a Little Castle and a Dutailier. Like the look of the Little Castle (and its comfortable) but it doesnt have a recline feature which the Dutailier has. (Looking at the fully upholstered ones). We will get an ottoman with either one, and I know the Dutailier has the one with the pull-out nursing stool which seems like a nice feature though I am only 5'2 do dont know if it will make a big different for me. Can anyone share their experience with either of these chair brands and their features / quality?? We have to order in the next few days and just not sure what to do..

Thanks!

nfowife
06-11-2005, 07:46 AM
I have the dutailier 11789 with the recline and lock as well as the nursing ottoman. I LOVE all of the features (well, haven't used the lock yet but I'm sure I will once baby is mobile). I use the nursing ramp pretty much every time I nurse- and I didn't have it for the first few weeks with DD (it shipped late due to a delay at dutailier) so I've had to go without and now I won't give it up! I use the recline on the seat a lot also, sometimes DD falls asleep after nursing but if I get up she's awake so I need to stay in the chair if I want her to stay asleep and it is a lifesaver! I'm 5'3" and DH is 6' and he loves the chair also- if I'm not in it nursing he's in it watching TV. We have it in our den right now since DD is sleeping with us downstairs (we'll move it to her nursery once she's in her crib for the night) and DH has said a few times that he wants it to stay downstairs with us forever! I originally wanted a fully upholstered chair but felt that the dutailier style was a better buy because if the next baby is a boy I can just have the cushions recovered to use the chair again (I had the cushions done in a custom fabric to match my DD's bedding). I ordered both pieces from babycatalog.com and was very pleased with their prices and customer service, too. Good luck with your decision!

ssobka
09-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I also have a dutailier with the recline/Locking feature with the ottoman with the nursing stool....the two together are by far the most used pieces of furniture in the house!! DD and I have fallen asleep nursing my DD since I brought her home from the hospital!! I don't know what I would do with out it!! When I was looking I debated on the reclining feature and my friend told me that it5 was absolutely necessary....now I understand!!!! It is WELL worth the extra money!!