PDA

View Full Version : JCPenney's Cribs

Nu_mama
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ordered a crib from Penneys and if so, how was the experience? Also I am a little unsure about who the manufacturer is when looking at a particular crib on their website, or catalog....Any advice?

terrapin_mon
06-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi,

We ordered a crib and dresser from JC Penney and before we did, I called to ask if they could give me details - kind of wood, name of manufacturer etc. They had no additional information except what is in the catalog or the web. We decided to trust the JC Penney name and go ahead and order and it shipped out in a while. The crib and dresser turned out to be one of the standard brands that I could have bought at Walmart for less! It just looked far more stylish in the JC Penney catalog and we expected far better quality, and we were so unhappy finally with the finish and the fact that the hardware was clearly visible etc. that we returned it all that the nearest store! I expectd something a little unique not the standard commonly available brands. Yeah, we lost out a little on shipping costs but we did not want to keep it.
So we orderd a Sorelle crib from Albee baby instead - got exactly what we wanted, fantastic crib and great quality.

Anyway that was our experience and it may not be the case with everybody, but thought I would share.

HTH
Rit

terrapin_mon
06-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Actually maybe I should rephrase my previous post. My annoyance stemmed from the fact that when I asked they could have told me its a storkcraft/childcraft or whatever brand crib and dresser. Why not call a spade a spade? Why give it a fancy name and confuse people? And why withhold information that every other store willingly gives out? Strange.

Ritu

Nu_mama
06-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Thank you! I guess I will keep hunting. I totally agree that they should be more open about the actual manufacturer....it is just so hard to tell if the product is made just for Penneys or actually a nationwide brand that they sell. I'd just like to know what I'm getting up front.

Matti

klwa
06-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I was seriously looking at a Penney's crib, but after getting the run around for over a month by email trying to figure out who the manufacturer was, I decided to be an investigator. I checked the catalog to see where the manufacturer was based, which in my case was Canada. After a little search through the BBB, figured out that it had to be Storkcraft. In the end, I found the same crib through Walmart, which, even after shipping, ended up being cheaper than the base price from Penney's. So, if you see one you really like, try to see if you can figure out which manufacturer it is, and then search to see where has the best price.
-Kris

ChristinaLucia
06-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi - I ordered a JCPenney's Crib from their outlet. It was $119.00 and I had a code for free shipping to the store. It is a wonderful crib - we couldn't be happier with it. No idea how to tell who the manufacturer is though. Original price on it was $300.