PDA

View Full Version : Moses Baskets... all opinions, please :-)

pikle
06-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi all! I am considering getting a moses basket for #3 who is due in Oct. Can any of you fill me in on your opinions, good, bad or indifferent? I would really appreciate it.

Also, if you have a good place to but them, that would be great info too-- it's for girl #3 :-).

Thanks!!
Nicole

MomtoOLT
06-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I found one at a resale shop and used it for about 3 months or so. DD was a preemie and I felt better having her sleep right next to me in bed.

I also used it around the house, for when she was napping. I guess since it was my first baby, I was a little paranoid and wanted to actually see her sleeping instead of hearing her on a monitor.

Now we use it for her dolls and teddy bears so it gets some use.

jayali
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
I LOVED my moses basket. I would say it was my favorite baby thing. We used it everywhere and brought it with us where ever we went. I was very sad when Matthew outgrew it.

I used to put it in the middle of the diningroom table while I was doing chores on the first floor. I loved being able to walk by and see him sleeping.

Good luck

elliput
06-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I was given one as a gift, and at first thought it would be completely useless. Six weeks later I tripped over a sign in a parking lot and ended up with my left arm in a splint for a week. The basket was all of a sudden very handy for toting DD around the house and up and down stairs. Like the PP the basket is now in the nursey filled with stuffed animals and toys. Makes a nice looking catch all...

Lovingliv
06-23-2005, 03:49 PM
I also received a moses basket as a gift..never would have bought one. Boy am I glad...Olivia sleeps great in it....5-6 hours. Probably because it is so cozy. I don't know what I will do when she out grows it!

-Rachel

Olivia Rose 4/30/05

anamika
06-23-2005, 06:34 PM
We got ours from Cryocell for signing up. We would *never* have considered using it. One day DH just set it up to take some pics of DD and it was so cozy and so handy to carry her around that we kept using it till she grew out of it.
She did grow out of it pretty fast so i wouldn't recommend spending a lot of money - unless you want it as an heirloom or something?
HTH,

SarahK
06-25-2005, 11:01 PM
We bought one so that our daughter could sleep in our room for her first few months of life. We kept it on a trunk at the foot of our bed--it was very safe and secure there and yet was relatively easy for me (recovering from a c-section) to get her out of.

We did bring it downstairs in the very beginning and leave it on the coffeetable for daytime sleep.

I never carried her around in it (it seems rather bulky for that) but I've heard that it is safe to do that as long as you keep an arm underneath the basket rather than relying solely on the handles.

We used it for four or five months and it was a very worthwhile purchase.

phirey
07-02-2005, 09:56 PM
We absolutely loved our Moses Basket, and can't wait to use it again. MIL knew I wanted one when I was pregnant with #1 and splurged on a Wendy Bellisimo (before she was at BRU). The quality was amazing and I loved having her on whatever floor of the house I was on. I did carry her around in it (rarely) but never ever by the handles.

We also kept her in it on a trunk at the foot of the bed, but probably won't with the next: At the time our bed was a sleigh bed so we couldn't kick the covers off on top of her. Now our bed is open-foot and I fear we could kick the covers off and also DD#1 might want to try to pick up the basket or something (she creeps into our room around 6:30 each morning). So this time I'll probably mover the trunk next to my side of the bed and Keep the basket right next to me.

I say get one!!!