PDA

View Full Version : Storkcraft Riley Crib

lizuhd
06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
OK I did a search on this crib and did not come up with any results here. Does anyone own this model and if so, do you like it? http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=301995&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod1090378#
I was shocked to see it on the Walgreens website with FREE shipping, compared to Target, Walmart, Sears, and JC Penneys. I understand that there have been some issues with Storkcraft brand and it's use of MDF but this crib is constructed from solid wood. Any opinions on this crib or brand would be greatly appreciated as I would not be able to see it IRL. Thanks!

Aelwyd
06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
We just got the Storkcraft Riley crib and have been very happy with it, although we haven't actually tried it out with a baby yet. I think it's beautiful, and it seems very solid and well made. The drop side did take some getting used to, until I figured out you have to lift up before trying to lower it. My DH was able to put it together in just a few hours with no problems. I was very worried when I saw the reviews about the crib arriving with major damage, but ours came in fine, and early (we ordered from Walmart didn't know about the free shipping at Walgreens :-(. )

Edited to add: Just looked at Walgreens again and realized that we paid about the same ordering from Walmart, even with shipping. The price at Walmart was lower. I think my total including shipping and tax was about $311.

HTH

Sarah

lizuhd
06-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for your response! What other pieces did you use to coordinate with it? Is the drop side one or two-handed? I calculated that the crib would be about $270 total with tax and shipping. At Walmart, it would be $312. Probably about the same that you paid. Too bad I don't live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area; they get free shipping from Walmart!

Elizabeth

Aelwyd
06-26-2005, 04:50 PM
We already had some oak furniture that was my mom's when she was a child, so we didn't purchase any furniture to go with the crib. We were really pleased with how the crib matched the furniture we already had. :-) The drop side is one handed, although it's not easy at first. I've been practicing and can now do it with one hand. Ah, you must be getting the white crib. The Oak one (which we have) is slightly more expensive at Walgreens. $270 is a great price!