PDA

View Full Version : Simmons vs. Sorelle cribs

melbb
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I would like to take a more economical approach without being too cheap. I was thinking of the Simmons Highland Park Crib or the Sorelle (Rita or Lana) crib. Opinions?

amp
06-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Do a search on both Simmons and Sorelle for more info. Both have been discussed here.

We love our Sorelle (Nico) crib. We almost bought the Rita, but ended up with the Nico because the store had it in stock when we wanted it. I've been very happy with it!

staci wein
06-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I purchased my rita crib from baby age it came with a metal spring I love it, for 229.00 it was the most crib I could afford with a draw under the the crib which the simmons has none.
good luck I hope I helped :-)

kamal
07-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I bought a Sorelle Rita from babyage too for about $220. Fantastic product at a very good price. We have taken it apart and put it back about 6 or 7 times in the last year and a half and it has withstood two moves too. It is a high quality product and we have been very happy with it as well.

love2stamp
07-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I have the Lana, Sorelle and I am very happy with it. It is sturdy, safe (without posts and rough edges), the side goes up and down easily with one hand and has a drawer in the bottom of the crib. I spent $200 on it. I hope this helps!

Karen

kozachka
07-07-2005, 08:17 PM
We are happy with our crib from C&T that looks very much like Sorelle Rita. Not as happy with Baby Depot where we bought it from. After 12 weeks our honey colour was not delivered despite the promises that it will be in store any day. I was due in two weeks so I started freaking out. They offered us a natural colour crib OR 15% discount. DH and I went to the store that night and picked an in-stock crib with 15% discount. Good thing since next morning I went into labour and we did not buy bassinet or playpen. The crib ended up costing us about $300 (paid by MIL who did not want to buy online for the fair of delivery complications/quality issues), wish I knew about babyage deal then.

tlw
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
I just bought the rita bella from babyandteen.com for 224.97, no tax and free shipping. It arrived in less than 3 weeks and in excellent condition. There's no baby in it yet, but I'm very happy. It is quality construction, with the spring support and a drawer.

Good luck!

lee

edd 12/17/05

KHF
07-21-2005, 11:47 AM
I have the Simmons Highland Park crib from Babies R Us, but the baby isn't here yet, so I have no "real-world" experience with it yet. I can tell you the construction is great and it was exactly what I was looking for in a crib. Simple, classic looking, drop-side, without a lot of extras.

Also, it was easy to put together, my husband and father had it up in about 15 minutes.

Kirsten
edd 8.27.2005