PDA

View Full Version : PNP bassinets

melbb
06-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I will probably get a Pack N Play with the bassinet and changing table to keep downstairs since our house is 2 stories and it will be easy to use for naps. I was wondering what PPs opinions were on the 3/4 vs. the full size bassinet.

angusmom
06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Hello, our baby is not here yet so I can't speak from experience, but we have PnPs with bassinets at both our house in our bedroom and one ready to go at my parent's house (where baby will be during the day). My opinion currently is that the baby can only be in the PnP bassinet for a short time (up to about 15 lbs), so I don't think it matters to have a full size one. It can only be used when the baby is real small anyway.

You are probably fine either way whatever you get. There could be a difference in finding sheets and waterproof pads though. For the 3/4 I'm not sure how easy it would be if it's an odd size. I don't know because I haven't actually checked. Just something that came to mind.

amp
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
We had the full size bassinet and were happy with that.

schums
06-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Definitely get the full size bassinet. We didn't use the bassinet for sleeping for very long (the kids were too big), but we used it for a long time as a diaper changing station downstairs, especially after my c-section with DD. The full size made a HUGE difference in how long we could use it to change diapers.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

jgriffin
06-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I would go for the full-sized bassinet. Some friends of ours had a PNP from their first kid that they used as a crib for the second one (they were going to move soon after he was born, so they didn't want to buy a second crib yet). He outgrew it pretty quickly; they had him sleeping diagonally in the bassinet, and they moved just in time, but it wouldn't have lasted 6 months.