PDA

View Full Version : Peapod Travel Bed vs OSA Quick 'n Easy Inflatable Travel Bed

jiskafo
06-28-2005, 04:43 PM
I will be taking DS on several trips in the next couple of months. He is currently 16 months old and 32" tall. At home he sleeps in his crib. I am not comfortable having him sleep in a big boy bed with rails. As international airline travel is involved PNP is out of the question. I am looking at Peapod Travel Bed, OSA Quick 'n Easy Inflatable Travel Bed and AeroBed for Kids. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

CarrieMaro
07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I just got my PeaPod today -- am actually looking at it right now. We got it as a place for our (will be) eleven-month-old to sleep on our trip to Europe in September. I have to say, it's pretty ingenious! It has a sturdy, inflatable mattress that goes in its own pocket on the bottom (zipper is on the outside of the tent). It also has a nice "sleeping mat" that goes on the inside that would remind you of the fabric of a quilted sleeping bag. I think it's going to work great for us.

Although I don't think it was mentioned in the description I read on BabyCenter before I bought it, the materials did say that it's designed for babies from birth to 1 year old. My little one is about 29" right now, and it seems to be a good fit for him. Room to roll, but not as much as in a PNP. I don't know if it would be too small for a 16 month old. To give you an idea about size, I just tried putting it into my PNP - it's actually about 6 inches longer and about the same width. Since it's an oval shape, though, there's not quite as much room inside (it appears to me).

My baby enjoyed about 15 minutes of play in it this evening after I set it up the first time. He's not crawling or walking yet, so seems content to just roll around and kick at the sides (the box calls the frame nearly indestructable). If he were more mobile/active, I don't know how it would go.

So far, though, we're pleased!

katonley
07-11-2005, 07:32 PM
I haven't heard of the OSA--will have to look. We're going for a week in the mountains and I'm looking at the Peapod as well. It seems like most Europeans use travel beds or "travel cots" rather than play yards or portable cribs. I looked at the Nomad travel bed as well--but you can only get that in the UK.

I think I'm going to try the PeaPod. DD is 71/2 months old. I'll let you know how it goes. If anyone else gets this travel bed, please let me know how they like it.

jiskafo
07-11-2005, 08:31 PM
I ended up getting the OSA bed. The peapod is very small. I would say usable up to one year. I also looked at the kids Areo bed, but ended up with the OSA one as the side were higher and it was $30 cheaper. The Aerobed comes with a cover, but I just use a sheet. Have fun in the mountains

marimari123
07-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Peapod Travel Bed for a trip to Europe. My DS is 13 months old and about 31 inches tall. According to the description, the Peapod is 48" long by 30" wide. That seems large enough but since it's an oval shape, I'm not sure. I even wrote to the Kidco people and they said that there is no upper height or weight limit as long as baby is comfortable.

So here are my 2 questions if any of you can help.

#1--Is the sleeping area really 30"x48" or is it actually smaller.

#2--We will have the bulkhead row when we fly and I'd actually like to put the Peapod on the floor in front of us since DS is too big for the airplane bassinet. Do you think it would fit?

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,
mari