PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good quality convertible crib for around $400

lizmom427
06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi, can anyone recommend a good quality convertible crib for around $400??? - one that is sturdy, and ideally, without any exposed hardware. I didn't like the Simplicity cribs. I like the Ragazzi, and the MP and the Pali but the price is too high for my taste (and budget) ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

amp
06-30-2005, 12:59 PM
There are several out there, although I'm only familiar with the one we have. It's a Sorelle Nico and it cost us about $250 2 yrs ago. Great crib, no exposed hardware, drop side, convertible to toddler bed (remove rail basically), not to full or queen or anything. We just went to our local baby stores and looked at what they had, determined what we needed/wanted and bought one that was still affordable.

kriswrite
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
I will be buying something called the Anastasia Crib. A local store sells it for $379.98, and internet prices are close to that. Here's just one place I found it online:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-1188364-8965466?asin=B0009IE40K&AFID=Froogle&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

To find more online sources, go to www.froogle.com and type in Anastasia crib.

Kristina

set81616
06-30-2005, 07:39 PM
All of Baby's Dream are convertible through adult. We're getting the crib 4 life at $299 (339 with a $40 rebate). Depending on the style they go from 240 - 489. Here's the website for the dealer in Orlando in case your store price matches. http://crib4life.com/
Shannon

staci wein
06-30-2005, 11:17 PM
I would look at the sorelle cribs they have convertible cribs starting at about 300. I purchased mine at buy buy baby ,but I know they have them at baby depot under c&t international .
good luck

dramamama04
07-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I have to second the vote for Baby's Dream. I have a Generation Next dropside crib in black cherry from them. It cost me $299 at a local dealer in Houston. It has no exposed hardware and it is very quiet. I love this crib!

tamar948
07-05-2005, 10:00 PM
We went with Baby's Dream Infinity crib (no exposed hardware - but no dropsides either) from a local dealer. I believe we paid in the $299 range.

The Infinity crib (and most others in the line as a PP indicated) convert to toddler/ youth beds. However, the bedrails to turn it into a full size are sold separately. I believe they run $100+ depending on the sale. It is my understanding that the full/ queen/ etc. bedrails are almost always sold separately - I'm not sure if the original $400 included this cost.

We haven't received the crib yet, but we definitely liked what we saw in the store. Hope this helps.

dramamama04
07-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I believe that the youth bed conversion kit is abour $40. One of the reaspns Iliked the Generation Next is because it can only convert to a toddler/youth bed. When a crib is converted to an adult bed it cannot become a crib anymore. I plan on using mine again in the future soon. I also know that I am going to want to buy DS new furniture when he outgrows his youth bed. Just a little extra info.