PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with experience with Young America line from Stanley Furniture?

keh717
07-01-2005, 03:50 PM
A co-worker suggested them to me, but I wondered if anyone here had any experience with this line/company.

TIA!

Karen

amp
07-02-2005, 06:56 AM
I've seen one or two sets in person, and we ordered one of the ones we saw because we like the quality so much. I think it depends on the collection. I've heard great things and I've heard that quality can be hit or miss. I do know that the stuff we ordered is Oak (hardwood and veneers of course), so much sturdier than say, Pine, which they also do. Ours hasn't come in yet, and even when it does, we may have to wait a bit to have it delivered, as we are doing some house work/remodling before we can actually move out the nursery stuff and move in the big boy (Stanley) furniture. It may be a month or two, but if you want to ask again later (just bump this up, or email me) I'd be happy to tell you what I think once we have it.

kelly ann
07-07-2005, 10:36 PM
I think this is what we bought for DS...I always mix up Hooker and Stanley. Anyway, we are very happy with our purchase.

vali
07-10-2005, 11:37 PM
We have a set from Stanley and I've been very happy with it. I think we have Young America, I know it is the natural maple. We bought part of it used (7 years old) and then bought a dresser and mirror to match. It's really pretty and seems durable.

amck
07-13-2005, 10:21 AM
We furnished 2 bedrooms in Stanley. One adult bedroom (ours) and one kids bedroom. Kids room is in cherry. On a scale of 0 to 10, taking in to account cost, I'd give them a 9/10 and definitely plan on buying from them again. We ordered from Furnitureland South in NC. Prices were much better even after shipping c/t our local furniture stores.

snowfire13
08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
We furnished our DS' room with Stanley's Young America Winterhaven line which is actually the Pine selection. I LOVE it, he is 2 1/2 now and we have since furnished our own bedroom with it and our dining room as well! We are now expecting baby #2 and I was just online figuring out which set I like the best but I can't CHOOSE!!!

spanannie
08-03-2005, 06:19 PM
LOVE IT!

DD has her dresser (used for now as changing table), mirror, and bookcase from the Garden Party line in Summer White.

DS has the Serenity Low Post bed and matching nightstand, and we've just put in an order for the dresser and mirror.

We also have a Stanley Armoire in our bedroom to hold our TV.

With Stanley, you get a lot of bang for the buck. We order from Wood Armfield in NC, and it's still a great deal, even with paying shipping.

bamaeagle
09-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Wonderful quality

I bought my DS Young America Harbortown with the drawers under the bed.Huge amount of storage.
I bought my DD Young America Caroline. It is so dainty but solid.

They are made so solid with dovetail drawers and great craftsmanship.

I plan on buying another harbor town for my 2nd DS when old enough, . So that later I can combine them in a guest room