PDA

View Full Version : mattress pad vs. sheet protector

paigepea
07-02-2005, 11:50 AM
which is better / which should i get?

I've heard a sheet protector is the NEW thing to get instead of a mattress pad, is this true?

Thanks so much,

Paige.

amp
07-02-2005, 08:51 PM
We used both and plan to again with this next baby. The mattress pad gives just a small amount of padding, while still being safe, under the sheet, and the sheet protector keeps you from having to change the sheets in the middle of the night if baby spits up, etc. When DS was a newborn, we would put a sheet protector (just the small size) under his whole body (for spit up or dipe leaks) and then as he grew, we turned them horizontally under just his head when he rolled around.

Nu_mama
07-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I have been looking at both mattress pads and sheet protectors...someone told me that the full size sheet protector called "ultimate crib sheet"? worked great, was easy to change because you dont' have to take off sheet to get at it. Any thoughts?

Matti

mtracchia
07-08-2005, 09:13 AM
I have the ultimate crib sheet and I like it. But I admit my dd has hardly used it since she doesn't really sleep in the crib. We've only had to change it once so far and it was pretty easy. I'm sure it will get more use when she starts sleeping in the crib.

Melissa
Bailey: 5/12/05

jackiemo
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I'm completely new at all of this: If it's important to get good quality high thread count soft cotton sheets for your baby to sleep on, and then you put a sheet protector on top, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the nice sheet? Does the sheet protector have a cotton lining on top of it?

vdrake71
07-08-2005, 12:03 PM
I have never had to use a mattress pad. We own the ultimate sheet protector and love it. It is so easy to change. If we did not own the ultimate sheet protector, I would also look into buying another type of sheet protector that zips off the top (sorry forgot the name of this product).