PDA

View Full Version : Looking for chair-and-a-half for nursery--expecting twins

BetsyNY
07-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Hello all! I am going to be a first-time mommy to twins in February 2006...I'm planning on breastfeeding, so it seems like a chair-and-a-half would be the way to go. The drawback, of course, is that there doesn't seem to be a rocker/glider chair-and-a-half :P --so my question is, can you recommend a place to find one that's not ridiculously expensive, ie, less than $1000?? THANKS!

emmiem
07-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I bought a chair and a half with a sleeper sofa at Lazyboy Gallery for $1000. It was cheaper without the sofa. Bewarned, the chair and a half is bigger than you think!
Michele

racerl1
07-04-2005, 10:03 AM
I ordered a Grand Chair from Dutailier. It is not a chair and a half, but it is taller and wider than the standard gliders, while having the same look. It might be another option for you. I paid $699 for both the glider and the nursing ottoman.

deannanb
07-06-2005, 05:39 AM
We bought our chair and a half with the rest of our living room furniture at a leather furniture store. I'm sure the cost was less than $1000.

I had the ottomon with that too - and struggled to BF in the chair - for me it was much easier to BF on the couch and nap with DS.

I would suggest looking into a recliner that might be wider than usual. I'm sure with twins you will need every moment of sleep you can get - and with a rocker/recliner you would probably do better.

Good luck!