PDA

View Full Version : Pack n Play vs. Crib

hobie
07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Is a pack n play (or co-sleeper) just as good as a crib for baby to sleep in all the time? What are some reasons why I would need a crib?

amp
07-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Now that my son is older and bigger, I can't imagine trying to sleep him in the PNP all the time. Sure, it was great for convenience and traveling and even naps in the earlier days, but it would be pretty cramped now! Unless you are cosleeping, or putting a mattress on the floor or something, I would suggest you have a crib.

ILoveLT
07-05-2005, 11:42 AM
We got an additional foam mattress from Babiesrus for the Pack N Play because the PNP mattress is thin and hard. The baby slept in it until age 16 months. A crib is about 2 feet longer than the Pack N Play and has a much thicker mattress. Now DD sleeps in her crib most of the time and I think she sleeps better in the crib because she is more comfortable.

Love the PNP for cosleeping but a crib is necessary too.

zsuzsu
07-05-2005, 12:57 PM
If your child fell asleep for instance in the car, stroller...it is really hard to transfer to the PNP. b/c the bottom of the PNP is so low. And trying to lift a sleeping baby out of the bottoms of a PNP is harder.

also, I don't think a PNP is very comfortable. It is great for naps and maybe for the first 3 mos.

also, as child gets older and stronger - their might be a tipping factor.