PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't find any foam mattresses!

hellokitty
07-06-2005, 11:29 AM
I love the $30 kolcraft foam mattress from target that we are using for our son, so I wanted to get the same one for this next baby (our 17 mo old will be in his crib for a while yet). Well... I think it has been discontinued, I have kept any eye out for it for this entire pregnancy (I am 33 wks now!!!) and kept checking at meijer too and they don't seem to carry it anymore either! I REALLY prefer the foam mattresses over the coil, b/c I am petite and it makes sheet changing easier AND my son really likes his foam mattress too. The problem is, I have checked several other stores that carry crib mattresses, and it seems like there is no longer a foam option... only springs. I'm getting desperate, if I can't find one at a B&M store, I am probably going to have to plunk down the $ for a colgate foam mattress online. Have any of you seen any reasonably priced foam mattresses lately at any retail stores? If so, can you post which store, what brand and the price if you can recall? TY!

DebbieJ
07-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I think someone posted that Target still has a foam mattress made by Delta.

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

hellokitty
07-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks, I will have to check into that. Last time I checked my target, they only had coil mattresses.

vdrake71
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
I was in the exact same situation as you. I bought the Kolcraft with baby #1 and I am 35 weeks. Number one will be 18-19 months old when baby #2 arrives and he loves his crib. I having been looking everywhere for the Kolcraft. I finally gave up and bought the Colgate foam online. The Colgate is very nice and firm, but you just could not beat the Kolcraft price.

khalloc
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I could be wrong but I thought that I read in Baby Bargains that most companies discontinued making foam mattresses because of the new rules/laws regulating foam and fire resistance or something. I know Colgate was still in the running though. I plan on purchasing a Colgate for my baby's crib.

hmseyer21
07-11-2005, 08:38 PM
I ordered the Colgate Classica 1 last week from babycatalog.com and it was on sale for 79...it came to about 95 with tax and I received it about 4 days later in good condition. I know that is still more than you had hoped, but maybe it will help you out a little. :)

hellokitty
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks everyone! We are going to visit mil this wknd and there is a BRU and baby depot close to her. Those are the last two B&M stores I'm checking out... if I cannot find a good foam mattress there, looks like I'll be ordering online.

lvales
07-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Babies R us probably won't have one. But the Baby Depot near me had some when I bought mine from Target - maybe they still carry them!

Linda

megamay79
07-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I am new here and a first time mom to be, so I admittedly dont know what I am talking about, but I saw a kolocraft foam mattress on babyuniverse.com for $52. There arent a lot of details on it, so I dont know if it is the one you all are talking about. If it is, let me know, becuase I might be interested. The shipping is pretty cheap and I saw a coupon code and cash back from fatwallet.com, so you can get a better deal than what the price is on the website.

hellokitty
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks ladies. I searched and searched and we ended up getting a kolcraft spring mattress at TRU. It's not as heavy as some of the other coil mattresses, hopefully the baby will like it.