PDA

View Full Version : Getting an affordable crib, fast

sarakjo
07-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Please offer some suggestions on what crib you would buy in my situation. I have a little under two months until baby arrives, so I don't have time to special order anything. We would like to spend $250 or less on a good crib. What's a good, affordable, easy-to-find crib in that price range? Where would you buy it? On-line, a specific store, etc.? We live in the northern VA, DC area, if anyone has advice specific to this area. Thanks for your help!

staci wein
07-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I have the rita crib from sorelle it cost 229.00, I purchased it on line from babyage, it arrived in 1 week with a draw on the bottom as well metal mattress support.
good luck

nanf
07-06-2005, 08:31 PM
We ordered from babyage too and received it 2 days after we ordered it.
We got the Diana Crib 'n More by Today's Baby on sale for $149.00.
My baby is not due for a few more weeks so I don't have any experience. It seems stable, was very easy to assemble and I like the looks of it and the price. I also have a friend that been using the chelsea for almost 1 month, she says its working out for her, her DH and her little one.
You might want to check out reviews about this brand from this website before you make your decision.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybargains/bonus2.html

Good Luck

love2stamp
07-07-2005, 07:40 AM
I bought my son's crib (Lana from Sorelle) from Buy Buy Baby on Rockville Pike-355 for $199.99 a month before he was born. The fancier cribs usually takes about 8 weeks to arrive. Also check out Great Beginnings and Baby Depot on 355 (further up north in Gaithersburg). There are cribs available at Target.com and Walmart.com for a VERY reasonable price (under $200), but I don't know how safe they might be.

Good Luck!
Karen

jgriffin
07-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Check out Ikea if you have one in the area. They have several crib styles, all under $200. We bought the Diktad style. Although it won't be in use for a couple of weeks, so I can't comment on how I like it, friends of ours really liked theirs and have been using it for several years. I believe all styles are very simple, though (no drop-down railings, for example).

megs4413
07-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I bought a Delta crib with a dual drop side from BRU for 230. It has been great, but it was a little tough to put together.