PDA

View Full Version : Should I get another Diaper Genie or try something else?

lizmom427
07-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I had a Diaper Genie but always had trouble changing the liner. I could not get the funnel in properly. So now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and buy ANOTHER Diaper Genie, or is there something better out there? What do you all think???

amp
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
We love our Diaper Champ and are so glad we didn't mess with that whole Genie business. You can use any kind of bag (trash, shopping, etc) and you can do it one handed. Course, when you open it to empty it, you have to tie off the bag, but we don't mind that!

emmiem
07-09-2005, 08:56 AM
I actually hated my Diaper Genies. I don't think they disguise the smell that well. I use instead Sassy bags available at Toys R Us and Walmart. I put the dirty diapers in a bag, tie it up, and put it in a seperate garbage can in the garage which gets emptied weekly. Much cheaper, keeps the smell out of the house. I use scented trash bags only in that container and use odor neutralizing spray once a week when empty.
Michele

kelly ann
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Here is another vote for the Diaper Champ. We just use Costco/Kirkland trash bags in the unit and it has yet to emit any poopy smells. Still going strong after over 2 years and now we are using it for DD.

mtracchia
07-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I have the diaper dekor and really like it. It's easy to change the bag and you definately only need one hand to put diapers in.

Melissa

Fairy
07-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Never met any incarnation of the Diaper Genie brand that was remotely worth the hassle of trying to get it to work without wanting to kill it. I love love love my Neat! Diaper Disposal System. You have to buy separate bags, but we get ours in bulk from target.com so dirt cheap it's crazy to consider going into a store for them. NO STINK. EVER. Empty it about every three days. Can't recommend it enough.

Marcy_O
07-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Ditto on the Diaper Champ! It's super easy to use, I haven't noticed any smell (but I have a 7 week old on BM) and just the savings on refills were worth it. We waited until he was about 5 1/2 weeks old to get it because the Toys R Us store was out for months. When they finally got them in, I grabbed it as fast as I could!