PDA

View Full Version : Mattress for PNP?

Sarah1
07-10-2005, 04:17 PM
I posted this in the "Around the House" forum as well--but is there a sturdier, nicer mattress I can buy for a Graco PNP?

milesmom
07-11-2005, 06:14 AM
YES! I have a Colgate mattress for mine, I have recommend it to everyone I know. I also but a waterproof mattress pad and knit sheets that fit it perfectly (by Crib Critters). All purchased at Lazar's, a baby store outside Chicago. Maybe you can find it elsewhere, if not maybe they can ship to you, they are very helpful.

Good Luck.
Michelle

Sarah1
07-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks Michelle!

I'm in Chicago--and definitely know Lazar's! I bought some stuff for Audrey there. Is this mattress by Colgate made specifically to go in a PNP? Thanks so much!!!

milesmom
07-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Yes it is as far as I know it is made my Colgate (the big maker of regular crib mattress) specifically for the PNP. Lazar's didn't really advertise them, I don't even think they had them on the floor but I was talking to one of the sales people about my concerns re: PNP flimsy mattress, there was no way I could see having my newborn sleep on it for 3 months and she told me about the Colgate option.

I loved the fact when I transitioned to the crib the mattress was basically the same making it familiar to Miles.

The sheets seem to fit it perfectly as well.

Michelle

Mom to Miles 6.2.02
#2 Due 7.28.05

Sarah1
07-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Michelle--I just noticed we are due within days of each other! Wow! I hope you are feeling good!

So, you used this mattress instead of the PNP mattress when using it as a bassinet? I agree--the PNP bassinet is seriously flimsy. I don't like the way it sort of dangles in the air.