PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had problems with Pottery Barn Kids furniture?

marymom
07-13-2005, 08:58 AM
We have tried to order some furniture from PBK and it has been a total nightmare. They lost our order twice, things are backordered, they sent the wrong color, I keep getting bounced from a catalog person to a store manager. We want to cancel everything (dresser, bookcase and rocker) but Babies R Us and Target furniture doesn't seem to have the same quality. Other places are way too expensive - PBK was the absolute limit for us. I know I am NEVER shopping there again if I cannot take it out of the store with me. They are the worst.

Fairy
07-13-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm sorry you've had such problems. We are almost ready to order our son't furniture from there, as well. I have had very VERY good luck wtih Pottery Barn furniture in general -- we have huge, heavy bookcases from there. However, never ordered from the PBK line of Pottery Barn. If you end up cancelling, one piece of advice I can give you is maybe go with a regular furniture store that has something that would work in your child's room. Also, Room & Board, Ethan Allen, and Land of Nod -- all quite expensive -- are excellent quality with very good financing plans that won't break your bank over time. None of this stuff screams "BABY!" so it will last into their teen years easily, which in my opinion, is the best bargain you can get. Another $1,000 really pays off if it means you don't have to rebuy everything at least one more time if not twice before they hit 16? Especially if you can have a payment plan. I, personally, would steer clear of BRU furniture (some seems ok, tho), and definitely Target. I think the old adage is very true here: You get what you pay for. The trick is finding a way to pay for it that works for you. If you really can't swing it, then I do think BRU has some stuff that will work long-term. Also try eBay. Best of luck to you!