PDA

View Full Version : BabyGap Bedding - I ordered it

firstmom1005
07-15-2005, 10:24 AM
I know there were a couple of questions I saw on the BabyGap bedding and the quality since it's only sold online, not allowing you to 'touch and feel' before purchase. I ordered from the "Barnyard" collection and received it today. My husband & I have decided not to find out the sex of our baby and since we live out in the country and have some horses, I thought this was a good unisex theme (and it's not green or yellow!). I ordered the bumper, crib skirt, 2 sheets, and the fleece blanket. They all seem to be of good quality. The pictures online though make the bedding seem more 'red'...it's actually more of a red and white stripe that seems to me a little more subdue than it appears in the pictures. The fabric seems pretty soft, but since I'm a 'first-timer' I don't have much to compare it too (if they were sheets for my bed, I'd sleep on it). I will have to return/exchange one of the crib sheets. On the back of one of the packages it looked like the packaging was sliced with a box cutter and the sheet has a tear. They say you can return the products to any Gap store or via mail, so I'll see how easy it really is. The good news is there is elastic around the entire sheet, not just on the corners. Also, the skirt has a little scene embroidered on each corner. On one side it looks like a couple of the threads are loose. I figure I won’t exchange it b/c I plan on putting the crib against the wall, so that's just the side that will go towards the wall. Overall I'm pleased though. It's not the cheapest bedding out there, but I think it's soft and I like the design. Plus I liked the option to pick and choose what I want versus buying an entire set.

apriltwinmom
07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
It sounds beautiful! I liked the design that you picked. I am so anal about seeing what I order before I buy, so didn't take the plunge on Gap bedding. But it's good to know the quality seems to be there.

TFS!
:) Rachel

rds97
07-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info!! I had been wondering about the elastic and whether it went all the way around. Good to know!

- Becca

cchavez
07-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Another question, does the bumper have top and bottom ties? Thanks!

firstmom1005
09-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Yes, the bumper does have ties on both the top and bottom. I don't know however if I'm a moron or what...I can't seem to get the bumper lined up well enough to tie it off on my crib slates. I still have a couple of weeks before the baby is due, and was contimplating taking the bumper out of the crib anyway b/c of SIDS risk...so I don't know. But to answer your question, yes, there bumper does have ties on the top and bottom.