PDA

View Full Version : Moses basket recs? Expecting #2 in 6 weeks in a 3 story house...

babybee1
07-15-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm looking for brand recommendations for a Moses basket...I've seen a wide range of prices out there--have several different models at Target and babystyle (and I have some credit at babystyle)--any thoughts?

I know not everyone likes Moses baskets, but I think it's probably a good option for us. We had 2 bassinets with #1--one downstairs in our "main area" and one in our bedroom. We'd like to keep #1 in the crib as long as possible (aside from some climbing out issues we're trying to curb, possibly with a crib tent), and use one bassinet in our room (though we co-slept with #1 and will probably do the same--even so it's helpful for naps, etc.). Now that #1 is bigger, we spend more time downstairs and so a Moses basket could be really helpful for having a moveable bassinet (#1 was pretty small at birth, so I doubt #2 will be a giant, so she shouldn't grow out of it TOOOOO fast).

Thoughts welcome!! Thanks!

scout123
07-15-2005, 10:50 PM
I recently bought one at Target and haven't used it yet, but it seems to be really nice quality. Comparable to the ones I have seen in stores in my area.

s7714
07-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I have the $30 one from Target. I mainly bought it to have a place to set DD#2 in DD#1s room while putting her down for a nap. It's just as nice as the more expensive versions I've seen IRL, with the exceptions that the fabric/padding isn't as luxurious and the hood attaching with velcro is kind of cheesy. But for something that will only be in use a short while, I wasn't about to spend a bunch of money.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

babybee1
07-18-2005, 02:35 PM
thanks for the rec--I was looking at that online and wondered...were you able to get it in the store? would you mind describing it for me, since there seem to be several (price/color/hood or not)
I really appreciate it!!!

babybee1
07-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Great to know that people are having such good luck with a cheap one!!
Thanks!!!!!

babybee1
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Great to know that people are having such good luck with a cheap one!!
Thanks!!!!!

lamamma
07-18-2005, 09:22 PM
i've got one made by wendy bellissimo that i used with my first son (expecting number two in oct). i don't think her company is in business any more but i know she has a line for babies are us that would probably include a moses basket - ours is lovely. mostly, though, i was posting to say that we used our moses basket as a portable bassinet and it was absolutely great for at least the first few months (and is in use as a really cute stuffed animal holder until DS #2's arrival) - i think you'll be really happy that you decided to get one.

babybee1
07-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks! That's really useful to know. I like Wendy Bellissimo stuff, too, so I'll have to look at the babiesrus selection. Congrats and good luck with your #2!