PDA

View Full Version : Best Chairs

Anne22
07-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi --

Just wanted to put a plug in for Best Chairs' gliders, as an alternative to Dutalier. I just bought one and it's really comfy. Am very happy with it. Purchased it for about $350.

-- Anne

smcouch
07-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you could post a picture of your glider. All of the Best Chairs gliders I have seen are over $500 in USA Baby, so I would love to see it. Is it wood exposed, or all upholstered? Also, did you get the ottoman? Thanks!

Anne22
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
I wish I could figure out how to post a photo of the chair, but I'm sorry, I don't seem to know how to do that.

If you go to the Best Chairs website, www.bestchairs.com, and click on "gliders," the one that I got looks exactly like the glider that appears to the right of the text describing their gliders generally. I believe that the model is named "Bedazzled." The chair is upholstered -- including the armrests. I didn't buy the ottoman. I bought the chair locally at a "regular" furniture store.

I hope that this helps.

-- Anne

angusmom
07-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I also just recently received my Best Chairs rocker and love it. It's a wood frame model with cushions from the Storytime series. I don't know the exact model name - it's the one with the rounded shape for the backrest.

We are so happy with this chair additionally because it's MADE IN THE USA (in Indiana) and has a good warranty so we feel good about supporting an American manufacturer. I got a faux suede fabric on it that is beautiful but also washable with water. It only took 4 bolts to put it together.

The daughter of a friend of my mom's got a wood Jardine rocker from BRU. When my mom's friend sat in my rocker she said she liked it much better than her daughter's Jardine.

megamay79
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
I just got a great deal on a floor model at USA baby - it is one of the fully upholstered swivel Best Chairs and Ottoman for $359.

I looked it over very carefully and sat in it, and other than a tiny almost invisible mark on the seat that I think will come out with my little hand held steam cleaner, it is perfect!!

And oh so comfy!

rds97
07-18-2005, 03:37 PM
I also ordered a Best Chair glider. It is fully upholstered in a really nice cotton fabric (which we chose), and it was $499 plus tax at our local baby specialty store. The fully upholstered Dutalier chairs we looked at were $550+. I did not order the ottoman - I am going to try a Medela nursing stool.

I haven't gotten it in yet, but will post more when we get it in about 4 weeks.

lynettefrancois
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
I loved my chair until DD urped on it- the colors ran!

ETA: Mine is the toile print- it's not terrible, but I wasn't thrilled when it ran! HTH someone

smcouch
07-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I ordered one yesterday from USA Baby! I got a fully upholstered swivel glider for $350. The salesperson highly recommended Best Chairs (they sell Dutailier also). The chair is 3 inches wider, which makes nursing easier, and the time to come in is only 6 weeks, compared with 12 Dutailier. I didn't get the ottoman either. Instead of spending an additional $200, I'm going to buy a nursing stool.

Anne22
07-23-2005, 05:58 AM
Just out of curiousity -- what kind of fabric does your chair have???

Mine's the microfabric. I'm hoping that it will be relatively easy to clean because I'm sure that my little one will urp on it, too!

-- Anne

smcouch
07-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I picked out a celery green microfiber. The salesperson thought it would be easier to clean than most fabrics, but I'm really not sure. I wanted to get something sort of gender neutral, and not too theme-y in case we want to use it again, either with a second child or as furniture in our house.

mom to little e
11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I think that we are going to order the very same thing. The color is called "mint" but I would describe it as a celery green. With the microfiber, it looks/feels kind of suede-like.

Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

almostamom
11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
We've had a "Best Chair" upholstered rocker/glider and ottoman for a year now. It's the most comfortable seat in the house! We purchased ours from USA Baby. We have red gingham fabric. DS has gotten sick on it, but it cleaned beautifully and our colors did not run. I'm 5'4" and DH is 6'4" and we both fit very comfortably in it.

~Linda~
DS 11/04

SashaBear
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Just wanted to add that Best Chairs is made where I live!