PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any experience with Art For Kids?

songbird3
07-20-2005, 11:35 PM
My husband has his sights set on a beautiful crib from Art For Kids. Does anyone have any experience with this company. Their lowest priced crib is definitely not worth the extra money from what I have seen. But I love the quality of their higher priced cribs. Am I being enticed by style? I can't seem to find the quality elsewhere.
Any advice? Experience?
Thanks
D

entttc
07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
It's style. They don't manufacture- just paint stuff from other companies. The pieces we saw (all beautiful) ranged a great deal in quality because they were from different mfg.

If you want the look for less money, consider hiring a local artist to reproduce something like their finish and design. . .

songbird3
07-21-2005, 10:37 PM
THanks for that answer. I just spoke to someone today who said basically the same thing. He ran his own shop and I wasnt sure if his opinion was unbiased. But I can see how that could be the case. The cherubini crib that my husband fell in love with was an excellent crib. There was nothing wrong with it. But worth 2000...? not sure.
After today, I am drawn to Ragazzi and Morigeau.
Anyone?

entttc
07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
We have a Ragazzi crib and love it, but it's definitley not as dramatic as the art for kids. We chose Ragazzi over Morigeau because of the noisy "click" the morigeau rails make, but in retrospect I suspect it wouldn't have mattered.

songbird3
07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks for that. After sifting through all the available embelishments, we have come to the conclusion that all the high end hand painted cribs are Ragazzi. We really wanted that handpainted look that Morigeau has on some of their cribs. And we were really attracted to the Art For Kids. But we have decided to be sensible and get a 4100 series Ragazzi.
I figure, if I really want to make it special, I can paint some little accents on the ends.
We think the Morigeau are loud too! Don't want to risk it.
Thanks for your help!
And best of luck to you and your family!
Debby