PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Crib Sheet - dangerous?

soontobemommy
07-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey all!
I registered for 1 of these at Babies R Us and was reading the reviews on that site and one woman posted DO NOT BUY THIS- DANGEROUS -and proceeded to say how her son got trapped under it. It's a recent post from this month - you can read it under the reviews of the product on Babies R Us (or Amazon).

So now am rethinking getting one - what I read scared me. Even though other women went on and on about how great they were.

I'd like some real advice on this - if it's a hazard, I don't want it and am leaning towards not getting it - are there alternatives that are safer? (wrap about the whole mattress for exp?)

Thanks!

swampnurse
07-24-2005, 02:58 PM
i don't know about dangerous, but the material is awful. really cheap feeling! i ended up returning the one that i hadn't opened and got the zip on sheet sets from www.cloudsandstars.com. Others seem to be OK with the fabric though.

s7714
07-24-2005, 05:12 PM
She's not the only person to write such a review. There were similar reviews like that a couple years ago when I bought mine.

IMO it's perfectly safe for a non-mobile baby. Once a baby is moving around a lot and is physically capable of digging or crawling under something, it should be removed from the crib.

I used mine with my first child until she was about 6 months old, and plan to use them with my second as well.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

lynettefrancois
07-24-2005, 08:37 PM
>IMO it's perfectly safe for a non-mobile baby. Once a baby is
>moving around a lot and is physically capable of digging or
>crawling under something, it should be removed from the crib.
>
>I used mine with my first child until she was about 6 months
>old, and plan to use them with my second as well.

Ditto! I found DD with one corner unattached at about 8 months, and that's when I stopped using it. WONDERFUL though, for those first months when every poo was a blowout. HTH!

soontobemommy
07-24-2005, 09:15 PM
thanks everyone. I'll keep it in mind to use for the first few months. The zip one from clouds and stars - how does that differ? That store is actually in Denver where I live so I may go look at them. Does it accomplish the same thing as the ultimate crib sheet?

Again thanks for all the input!
Lauren

shoppinggal
07-25-2005, 03:11 AM
I've been using it since day one and I really like it - I think the material is fine and I think it's great b/c I want my baby bedding set to last for my future kids. Mind you my son is only 3 mo. but it seems perfectly safe (so far).

vdrake71
07-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I have been using the ultimate crib sheet for 18 months and think it is a great product. I would also recommend the product with the zip top. I believe that the ultimate crib sheet has changed their design in the last 2 years where there are more snaps so a child should not be trapped under it.

lmariana
07-26-2005, 09:17 AM
We swore by our Ultimate Crib sheet last time, loved it!!!! I've registered for 3 more this time around. I agree that it's great for a non-mobile baby, but I stopped using it once he started moving around more.

For the early weeks, it was great for our son who spit up all the time and the occasional diaper leakage. Much easier than changing the whole crib sheet, especially if you're recovering from a c-section.

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mom to Gabe, 8/03
www.heinzandmariana.com

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051017/1/21/0/-5/.png

Join the BBB Preggo Pals!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PreggoPals

scout123
07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
I registered for one and I'm glad to hear the good reviews!
Angie

hellokitty
07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I too think the material was awful. I held up my UCS to the light to realize that there are small cracks all over the vinyl part of it letting in light (holes). Also, my son almost got tangled up in his as well. I have two and they will still be ok to use again, but we are only using until the baby starts to roll over. After that, I'm pitching them. They were really disappointing, and I bought them b/c they were recommended here. I think it was the only thing I bought for baby based on BBB that I was disappointed in.

Fireman_Dad
07-31-2005, 10:58 AM
We have used the ultimate crib sheets for our first son and they were a lifesaver especially for the late night crib accidents that required sheet changings. We never had an issue with our son crawling "under" them or getting trapped at all. Now with our newest 3 week old daughter, she is sleeping on them also.

The backing material was somewhat flimsy after repeated washings but has held up well enough for our uses.

J