PDA

View Full Version : need crib advice

momsoon
07-23-2005, 07:54 PM
I will be buying a crib soon and was wondering if any of you have any thoughts on these potential choices:

Simmons Highland Park crib
Babi Italia Picket Fence convertible crib
Babi Italia Carlisle sleigh crib
Legacy crib (not sure of the model)

nlshultz
07-26-2005, 02:58 PM
I am considering these same cribs (well, at least the first three). The Simmons doesn't come in white but has a great reputation, and I liked the look and feel of both Babi Italia cribs. The other option that I'm looking at is the Munire Carla crib, which I think to be more pricey, but Munrie has a good rating in BB. I'm curious to hear what you learn!

SarahK
07-26-2005, 09:39 PM
My daughter is 19.5 months old and still sleeping in her Babi Italia Carlisle sleigh crib. We absolutely love this crib--there is NOTHING we would change about it! We're expecting #2 and plan to buy the exact same crib again because our firstborn isn't ready to move to a big bed yet.

Really, we love this crib!

mattiew
07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
We have a Legacy crib and I am extremely happy with it after 2.5 years. I will admit I am a little biased as the are made in a neighboring state and the outlet is less than an hour away.

Good luck!
Carrie

Fireman_Dad
07-31-2005, 11:29 AM
We have the a Babi Italia crib and have both good and bad feelings about it. I am not sure of the exact model of the crib but here are some of the things we have found.

+ Customer service when the front "side" was recalled was great and we were very happy with it.

+ Disassembly and reassembly easily done as was the conversion to day bed and back to crib.

+ Simple enough adjustments

+ Held up to our son's abuse. Enough said.

- Poor construction on underbed drawer. Many times we considered trashing it and throwing it away due to it continually falling out of the rails and the joints coming apart.
(Fixed with extra washers on rails and multiple wood screws with cordless drill. :) )

Would we buy one again.....hmmmmmm. Maybe for a cheaper price than we paid but this was our first crib so we really have no comparison to others.

J