PDA

View Full Version : PNP Bassinet, SnugNest OR Arm's Reach CoSleeper

cc8
07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
DH and I want to keep DD close to us while sleeping. We've received the following as gifts:

Pack N Play
SnugNest
Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

We do have a full sized crib on order as well.

I'm sure a lot of these are redundant. I see us using the crib a bit down the road.

Given that we want to co-sleep in the early months, which product is the best out of the 3 listed above? Please give recommendations, pros/cons of each.

I'm especially interested in hearing whether folks think the Arms' Reach Co-Sleeper is good - looks like that can last a lot longer than the SnugNest so it may be a better investment.

Thank you!

JTsMom
07-31-2005, 03:28 PM
We went the Pack N Play route. We got the top of the line one, thinking we'd use the elevated changing table, and use it for sleeping. HA! DS has probably slept a total of 1/2 hour in it at most. Now he sleeps in our bed, b/c that is the only way we can get any sleep. The PNP is in his nursery. I use it to put him in after I change his diaper so I can wash my hands. LOL Great way to spend $180.

The SnugNest I haven't used, but from what I hear they take up a lot of room in your bed, and make it too crowded unless you have a king. Also, I hear they outgrow it very quickly, but while it lasts, it's cool.

The co-sleeper is really similar to the PNP, so I would only keep one or the other personally.

It's hard to say which, if any, will work for you until you actually try them with your baby. My advice? Save all receipts!

mom to little e
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
We had a PnP that we used downstairs for changing and some naps. It worked great. We tried the SN but had a queen bed and didn't have enough room. We used a bassinett for nighttime but eventually just had the baby on the bed between us (for 3 months). With baby #2, we are going with a mini co-sleeper for night and will use the PnP downstairs again. It was very handy for changes, naps, and to store a ton of supplies.

Maryann
Momma to Ean...the little love of my life!
AND Baby #2 EDD 01/08/06!

nfowife
08-10-2005, 06:34 PM
We have the mini co sleper and are so so happy with it. In the beginning it was awesome to have DD right next to me at night for nursing and peace of mind. I am still using it as DD's only bed and she's almost 4 months old (but now it's in the corner of our room, not attached to the bed anymore), although we will be transitioning to her crib soon for naps and maybe nights too (we just moved and don't have the crib set up yet). The mini cosleeper goes up to 23lbs., I think, more than the pnp bassinett and it is great to travel with too. I can't say enough great things about it!
sorry for any typos...nakking

stcelia
08-11-2005, 06:51 AM
We have a coSleeper and love it. We are still using it at 6months. It is definitely what works for our family. Eventually we will transition him to his crib, but I am sure we will use it again with future children. I wouldn't change things at all if I could go back. DS can sleep and nurse in bed with us, and we can also put him in the cosleeper when we want more space. It's great.