PDA

View Full Version : Miracle blanket, is it worth the $$$$?

DeeEast
07-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok, I've read quite a few posts mentioning the miracle blanket. I looked it up on-line today and its $29.99? That seems pretty steep for a blanket but considering the hassle that DH and I went through with DD trying to get and keep her swaddled, if this thing is the best I'm willing to try it.

We're having twins so we'll need at least two. Is this thing worth the money? Are there any other recommendations for something similar other than the MB? With twins, will we need more than two?

Karenn
07-31-2005, 02:29 PM
I think it's worth the money! In the beginning, I could swaddle with a receiving blanket as well as the miracle blanket but once DD was just a little older, the miracle blanket was a necessity. If I were having twins, I would want to have 4 blankets, maybe 3 in a pinch.

With DD I had two- one to use and a backup in case she peed out of her diaper.

HTH,

karolyp
08-01-2005, 06:46 AM
I agree...it is definitely worth the $$. We bought 2 to use for my DD (one to use, one for backup). We used them everynight until she was 4 months old and could no longer fit in it. It would help her (and us) sleep at night. We even used it during the day when she would have a meltdown. It seemed like she would calm down the minute she saw me bring out the blanket!!

I highly recommend this product!!

mtracchia
08-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Yup! I have one but wish I bought two. I also bought three to give as gifts to friends who had/are having babies.

Melissa

vdrake71
08-01-2005, 10:03 AM
A coop for the miracle blanket just ended on Friday. If you join the yahoo group "miracleblanket" you might be able to still get in.

I purchased my miracle blanket through a seller on ebay and was able to purchase for $24.00.

pikle
08-01-2005, 10:47 AM
It is SOOOO worth the $$$!!! I don't know how I survived without it on #1 :-). I actually had 2, just in case we had a diaper blow out, or spit up while sleeping. But I love this product and have recommended it to all my pregnant friends...

Good luck!!
Nicole

entttc
08-01-2005, 01:54 PM
It is absolutely worth it- not necessary at first, but once she outgrew the rec. blankets we were miserable whenever it was in the wash.

deannanb
08-01-2005, 06:14 PM
DH bought it thinking it would be great.
I hated it! DS would never stay wrapped - no matter how tight I wrapped him in it.

I'd say save the money and spend it on something else.

R and R
08-02-2005, 05:43 AM
We LOVE IT!!!!!

Very surprised to hear it did not work for you... Not to be disrespectful, but you are using it as instructed (I have heard of someone who did not use the "arm holders" (not sure what to call them)... and then of course it wouldn't work.

Provided that I wrap our daughter properly, she sleeps at least an hour longer... Sorry it did not work for you - we have gotten several as gifts and everyone has loved them.

induetime
08-02-2005, 08:03 AM
We used the Kiddopotamus Swaddle Me's and LOVED them. I found them as cheap as $10 on froogle.com. Also had a Miracle Blanket and we definitely preferred the Swaddle Me. The Swaddle Me was too big at first, but fit at about 3 wks. Used it until DD was 4 mos when she decided she was "over it." :)

Crisyn
08-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Any recommendations on where to purchase the Miracle Blanket? - in Canada would be even better!

Crisyn
08-02-2005, 11:30 AM
I found the website for the Miracle Blanket:
http://www.miracleblanket.com/

They give you 15% off for two or more blankets, and shipping for 4 blankets to Canada was only $9! Pretty good, so I think I will order them.