PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Crib Suggestions, Please, Brands and Retailers

Khrys
08-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm looking for a convertible crib with the following features.

Can you make some recommendations on cribs, brands and retailers?

* under $500 (closer to $300-$400 would be better, $500 is the limit)
* converts to toddler/day bed and then double bed head/foot board
* standard crib mattress size (not round or travel)
* stationary or drop side, (not swing gate)
* hidden hardware, quiet drop side (if drop side)
* hardwood, (not pine)
* metal spring mattress support (not board)
* 3-4 mattress positions
* plastic teething rail
* sturdy, safe, reliable (of course)

Doesn't matter if it has wheels or not. Flexible on style and finish at this point. Can order online or in person (though live in a pretty rural area so stores are limited).

I ordered my daughter's crib from Forever Mine and don't want to do that again, so need some other suggestions.

So many places don't tell you what the mattress support is! Very frustrating!

TIA!

~Khrys
DD Kira 11/10/2003

jhlkml
08-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I have researched and gone to so many stores to look at cribs. It gets confusing after a while. I have looked at most of the higher line cribs, such as Bellini, Ragazzi, Pali, etc., as well the mid and lower end cribs. When I weigh quality and value, my favorite is the Pali Cassandra, which is $499 at our local The Baby's Room. It meets almost all of your criteria except that it is at the max end of your money limit. (Convertible, Italian beechwood, hidden hardware, standard crib mattress, 3 positions, and a good rating in Baby Bargains.) If this is too much, there are also a couple of Legacy convertible cribs around $449.

Jan

dianna
08-03-2005, 01:00 AM
We have a Bonavita Calloway convertbile crib and really like it. Its rock solid and has the metal support like you are looking for. No dropside though...

Khrys
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm still looking, but not finding much. Just doesn't seem like this should be so hard to find!

Thanks again,

~Khrys.

jane8201
08-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Check out Berg Furniture at buybuybaby.com. They have a convertible crib, great quality,solid wood, sping mattress support, hidden hardware, for about $419.