PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Crib Selection - Childcraft vs. Simplicity

MTMOM2BE
08-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Hello all,

First time mom (DEC '05) and need some advice please...

I was looking at the Albeebaby.com website today and they have two cribs on sale. One is the Simplicity Aspen 4 in 1 Crib and the other is the Child Craft 13961 Crib. The Child Craft Crib model has been discontinued and I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad reviews of this crib?

Also can't tell from either of the crib descriptions where the hardward is (internal vs. external) and what type of crib platforms they have?

If anyone has used either of these cribs - I could sure use some advice.

Thank you.

karolyp
08-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Hi!

I can't comment on the Simplicity Aspen crib, but I do have the Simplicity Alex crib and just thought I'd share my "Simplicity" experience with you. I decided to get the crib because it had everything I was looking for: wire mattress support, hidden hardware, a nice cherry finish, and a decent price. So I decided to place my order with babyuniverse.com First off, it took me months to get the crib, as they kept saying it was out of stock. And then once I got it, it was damaged. So, I had to wait again for replacement parts, which also arrived damaged. So, I had to wait (yet again) for some more replacement parts. After arguing with babyunviverse.com about my troubles, they, reluctantly, refunded me $30. Now my DD is 6 months old and the drop down side of the crib has jammed. Simplicity sent me the replacement parts (it took 2 shipments because the first shipment they sent me the wrong parts), and now I'll have to take the crib apart to fix it. What a PAIN!!!!! :( I really wish I had gotten another crib!!!

HTH
Karoly