PDA

View Full Version : Munire Cribs

stacik75
08-03-2005, 05:23 PM
OK, I know that people have had problems with their delivery of these cribs, but any feedback on the quality?
The store that I am looking at has them in stock, so I am not worried about delivery time?
Thanks!

bales68
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
We received our Munire crib and 6 drawer low dresser from the "Charleston" collection recently. We have not noticed any problems with the quality and the furniture appears solid. I feel it is a very attractive set of furniture and believe it is mature enough looking to follow a child through his/her teens. I am still expecting, so I have not had an opportunity to really "use" these items yet. Therefore, I can't really comment on their function (hopefully it is good!). Everything came to us in good condition. The store we bought it from is a more upscale "mom and pop" operation in town and the guys that sell the items on the show room floor were the ones who delivered the items and put them together in our home.

I had also read that many people had trouble with Munire and its delivery, of course AFTER I had ordered this brand. I asked the store owner about this and he said he never had a problem with the delivery time from this maker. As a matter of fact, our furniture was delivered in six weeks instead of the anticipated 8 weeks! He said that many times the stores that sell the furniture are in poor financial shape and that the cribs are often delayed because the store can't pay for the furniture up front. I know this sounds weird, but maybe this is true. We only needed to put a down payment on the furniture and then paid in full when the items were received. Not sure if this is a standard practice. Anyway, we are very happy with our Munire furniture so far and it looks great. I intend to follow up with a post after we use it a bit, especially if it is problematic. Good Luck!!

lml41981
09-01-2005, 07:25 AM
We ordered the Munire Sophia from a catalog at a small locally-owned shop (I would *not* recommend the shop we went to though...tell me if you're near Dallas and I'll tell you the name of the shop). We had only seen one or two Munire cribs, and neither were the one we ordered (which also isn't on their website...that bugs me). It has less substance than the other Munire cribs seem to have, which is fine with me...it is sturdy, has a drawer, converts to a full sized bed and fit the style I was looking for. The drop side seems a bit noisy, but we'll see how it works out when the baby gets here.

One complaint I have (other than the fact that the store told us 8-10 weeks and it took 12 for the crib to arrive) is that a side piece came in with a chip. Now, I could call Munire and ask for a replacement or something, I'm sure...or since we're the only ones who know it is there, I could ignore it. What *really* bugs me, though, is that I was told that *all* the Munire cribs were solid wood, but thanks to the chip, I can definitely tell that it is pressed wood. I didn't pay that much money for something that isn't solid wood...and I feel a bit let down and disappointed.

I don't know if posting photos works on these boards or not, but I'll try...here is my crib. Overall, I'm happy...I just have to not look at the side that has the damaged piece.

Heidi9771
09-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I read in Baby Bargains that Munire has started importing from Mexico, collections that are *not* made with 100% hardwood. This may have been the case with the Sophia crib. I noticed it is not on their website. Most collections will be all hardwood (or at least are supposed to be!)

We are interested in the Newport collection, and I have emailed them asking if it was 100% all hardwood...

sdoyle
09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
We purchased the whole Munire Newport collection in black minus the armoire (it was smaller than we were looking for) and have LOVED it. We have received many compliments on the furniture and in fact, my sister is purchasing the same set after seeing ours.

The crib is incredibly solid and heavy and I like the look of it transformed into an "adult" bed. We had a great experience and everything came in without any damage. I was sorry to hear about everyone else's difficulty but personally we were very pleased with our purchase. For the money, I think the quality can not be beat. We saw lots of cribs that were almost as expensive but not nearly as solid.

One drawback- the rails of the Newport are extremely wide and therefore will not work for some crib bedding and mobiles. Just something to think about when you are looking to "accesorize" your crib. HTH! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Stacy

tylersmama
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
We have the Charleston crib, nightstand and dresser and have been very happy with them. We also did not have any difficulty with delivery time. The store quoted us 6-8 weeks and it was in within a month...we actually left it in their warehouse for a month because we hadn't cleaned out the room that was going to be the nursery yet!

The Charleston crib also has wide rails. I was able to get the bumper tied on, although it was a challenge. Our mobile would not go on the crib, so DH put a hook in the ceiling and hung it above the crib with invisible thread.