PDA

View Full Version : Mattress for Ikea crib???

sarakjo
08-04-2005, 08:50 AM
We bought the Diktad crib from Ikea, but still need a mattress. Any suggestions on a safe, affordable mattress that works well with this crib?

funda62
08-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Our Ikea sells crib matteresses so I would get one of those to be sure that it was suitable for the crib. Since some of Ikea's products are made in Europe it might not be the standard American size.

jgriffin
08-09-2005, 11:23 AM
I agree with the PP...buy the mattress from Ikea. We got their foam mattress (Sultana?) to go with the Diktad crib and it works fine. I didn't get my sheets there, though, but haven't had any problem with them fitting. I think the mattress is a standard size (or very close to it), but I wanted to be safe. Plus, it was *very* affordable!

Jen

sarakjo
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks so much! I think that's what we're going to do. Did you get the Diktad dresser? We're going to use this a a changing table, and we also need to get a pad for it. Any suggestions?

Sara

jgriffin
08-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Yep, we got the Diktad dresser, and the shelf that fits over it for storage, too. If you do get the shelf (so that the changing table is "permanently" down), be warned that the top drawer is a bit harder to access.

I had hoped to be able to use a standard changing pad (like the Contour), but alas the Diktad is an inch or so too short. :( We wound up getting the Ikea inflatable pad (don't recall its name) and a couple of thin blankets to cover it. The first pad we bought had a hole in it (right at one of the valves), so you might consider opening it up and checking it out right after you buy it to save yourself another trip.

Our son has only been home for less than a week, but I'm pretty satisfied with the arrangement so far. The one drawback to the Ikea pad is that there is no way to secure it to the changing table, and there is no strap to secure the child to the pad (ok, 2 drawbacks). Since our little guy doesn't move much yet, though, this hasn't been a problem.