PDA

View Full Version : mail order crib

befishman
08-07-2005, 03:00 PM
We'll have to have a crib shipped to us since we live in a semi-rural area and there is no place to purchase one short of a 5 hour drive...and with a newborn I don't see that happening. I would like to hear who you think does the best job of shipping cribs, has the best selection, and the best shipping rates. Thanks!

Beth

fox3long
08-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm in a situation similar to yours. I plan on ordering some time in the next couple days. You may want to check out the "cyberbaby: best and worst websites" forum too. From all my online research so far these are the most common websites I've come across(I've been focusing on the Sorelle Rita Bella and Sorelle Nina cribs):

babyandteen.com
(tied for cheapest... never responded to emails. Customer service by phone is a little better)
jdee.net
(fast, efficient customer service)
albeebaby.com
(tied for cheapest... but never responded to my emails and its difficult to get a good answer out of them by phone)
babyage.com
(fast response but the customer service couldn't tell me what the difference was between a Rita Bella and a Rosa Pine)
babywhiz.com
(erroneous info on their website... they said Nina Pine crib was made of beech wood when it's made of European Pine)
babyspecialtyshop.com
ebay.com (make sure you do your research here)
babyuniverse.com
kidynomite.com
buybuybaby.com
babycenter.com
kidstuff.com
babiestoytown.com
I'm probably missing several. Of course, you can do a google search for the particular crib you are looking for.

befishman
08-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Fantastic! Thanks for this great info.

Beth