PDA

View Full Version : Glenna Jean "Isabella"-Any Good?

brennajmorgan
08-12-2005, 06:54 AM
First time mom & poster here. My husband and I fell in love with the look of this bedding, but no one locally carries it. I'm nervous to order it w/out seeing it first. Baby Bargains gave it a B- for not having ties at the bottom of the bumper and "sewing construction of the appliques just wasn't very impressive".

Does anyone else have this line? Are you happy with it? Is it a safty hazard that the bumper doesn't have ties at the bottom? I can't seem to find it for less than $357.14 for the 4 piece set, or $392 for the 5 piece (babysupermall.com).

I'd appreciate any feedback or advise that you have!!!

ehobbs
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I think they have that line at babies r us. I think I saw it on thier website, I would call the store to make sure they have it in stock thought. you probably have one of those close, but I'm not sure how nation wide they are. I dont think they have any bedding sets for that much, so it's probably cheaper!! good luck
Emily

overcome
09-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Don't know if you bought the bedding already but maybe I can help.

I bought the Maggies Garden from Glenna Jean and it DOES have the ties at the top and bottom. Also the sewing applications of the appliques was perfectly fine IMO. I think Baby Bargains also mentioned that it was not 100% cotton, but my set is.

That being said, I REALLY wish I had not bought a whole bedding set. I was sucked right in as a first time mom. I love the print that I picked, but the whole thing is not at all practical.

I will never use the fitted sheet b/c it is too scratchy (even though it is 100% cotton) and there are so many other comfy ones out there (check out fleecebaby.com).

The bumper is too tall for the crib with the mattress in the highest position (where the baby will start off) and I'll have to take it off once she starts grabbing at things anyway.

Diaper stacker??! Cute as can be but totally impractical. I may use it to store stuffed animals or something.

The mobile won't even fit on the convertible crib we bought and that eventually has to be taken off too when she starts sitting up, etc.

It is a safety hazard to use a quilt/blanket when they are babies so I won't be using that until she is probably a toddler.

If I had it to do over again, I would skip the bedding set. I would buy individual pieces that I love and are functional. Just my 2¢..which may only be worth 1¢!!

If someone had told me this before, I probably would have ignored them and bought it all anyway. :-)

Oh well, live and learn, there is always Ebay.