PDA

View Full Version : I have a deposit down on a PJ Kids crib, should I get my money back?

PerfectAngel
08-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Having just logged onto this site for the first time, I was surprised to see the announcement of PJ Kids closing its doors due to financial issues.

About three weeks ago I put a deposit down at a local furniture warehouse for a beautiful PJ Kids convertible sleigh crib, which was on back order and is set to be at the warehouse shortly. Needless to say, now I am very concerned.

I am looking for advice...what would you do? Should I just go ahead and purchase the crib, knowing that even though the manufacturer has shut down I will have no problem getting it? Or should I get my deposit back and look for a new crib? My main concern is not being able to get replacement parts in the future if I need them.

Thank you!

turtledove
08-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I personally would be a bit leary purchasing this particular crib. You can have issue with replacement parts (as you mentioned), but also, what happens if the crib arrives damaged? Or, you have some other problem with it a short time down the road. At this point, PJ Kids is not going to be worried about customer service, just getting all the money they can to pay off creditors. Just my $.02!