PDA

View Full Version : Washing Dutalier Glider Cushions??

iujen94
08-24-2005, 07:00 PM
DS just performed an amazing feat - he managed to wet on his glider while laying on his changing table - amazing because the glider is actually BEHIND his changing table. Anyway, now the bottom cushion is soaked with pee - yuck. The glider is a Dutalier and the cushion covers don't zip off. Any suggestions for washing the cushion? TIA!

bigsis
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I have a used Dutailier. The fabric was pretty worn thin. I put it in the washer one desperate night after DD threw up all over. It came apart. I think it was b/c of the really worn fabric. So I don't know how yours will hold up. I would just hose it down and maybe scrub it a little bit, then let it air dry.

GL and HTH!

nfowife
08-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Nature's Miracle (found at pet stores) is really good for getting pee smells/stains out of stuff, if you don't want to risk the washing machine.

s7714
08-25-2005, 03:33 PM
ROFLMAO! Makes me glad I don't have a little water works pioneer yet! ;)

This won't be much help, but I asked when I bought my Dutailier about cleaning the cushions, and they told me they couldn't be machine washed, only dry cleaned. However, when I looked later on Dutailier's site for cleaning info. (because of spit up spots) they said they should never be dry cleaned and you should use a professional furniture cleaner. Needless to say I just spot cleaned them.

Honestly not to sure what would work for your situation! Maybe you could call a local furniture cleaning company and see what they recommend. Maybe they'd know a trick to cleaning just a single cushion?

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05