PDA

View Full Version : Company Kids quality?

shannonG
01-19-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but I was wondering if anyone has bought any furniture or bedding from Company Kids. Everything looks really nice, but I hate to order something and find that it's not great quality. Is it comparable to Pottary Barn? TIA!

Momof3Labs
01-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I haven't had much Pottery Barn, but we loved the Company Kids flannel crib sheets. DS had three of them, and we used them constantly (and exclusively) for three solid years. I was thrilled with how they held up, and how soft they stayed. They did eventually lose their "fuzz" in the center area where DS slept, so I had to buy new sheets for #2 (and unfortunately, I don't think that Company Kids sells flannel crib sheets any longer).

Now, we had a set of adult flannel sheets for our bed from Company Store that we hated. They got so pilly and almost gritty that we got rid of them in a garage sale, even though they weren't that old and in theory had a lot of wear left.

shannonG
01-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks, I was thinking of getting some of the furniture, so I guess I'll just have to chance it and see. It looks like it's good quality. I stay away from the flannel sheets!!! Thanks for the heads up!

quinnsmom
04-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I am just going to add my experinec in on this old post. I am now looking for recommendations for good crib sheets after buying regular cotton crib sheets from Company Store Kids. I bought 3 fitted sheets during their $9.99 sale. 2 of the sheets ripped - 1 ripped right away after the first wash as I was putting it on the crib mattress and the other one ripped just today after using it for about a month. I was so excited about getting these sheets absed on the good reviews I have read. I had been using Carters sheet from BRU for the past year but wanted to get crib sheets with the elastic all around (not just in the corners like Carters). Well the Company Kids sheets ripped in the corners where the elastic is. The one that ripped today as I was putting it on ripped about 6" into the sheet. I dont understand why because I have a standard size crib mattress - I thought all crib sheets where made for the same specifications - but I guess not.

So I am off (again) to search for quality crib sheets, that have elastic along the entire bottom of the sheet and that won't rip when put on our Sealy Crown Jewel mattress.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

juliasmom05
04-27-2006, 12:57 PM
We had the same experience with regular cotton sheets form The Company Store. We bought 2 fitted sheets. One sheet, we have had no problems with. The other sheet ripped the first time we put it on the crib. Since I needed the sheet, we proceeded to use it. But, I called the company, and they exchanged the sheet for us. I wouldn't buy their sheets again, but they may exchange the ripped sheets for you. I had to put up a little fuss since it was past the 90 day exchange policy, but they did it anyway.

Marci

Mom to Julia.

boymomCA
04-28-2006, 01:22 AM
We got their toy chest a couple of years ago and the quality was horrible! They said it was wood but large parts of it looked like they were made of cardboard. Their return policy was pretty bad, we had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it back - I will never order from them again..

tigeratty
05-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I had two sheets, the solid ones, and they could not compare to PB sheets I also had. They were not nearly as soft as the chambray, drool marks did not wash out (the sheets were navy and showed all of the drool) and one eventually did rip.

I also have some of their flannel items for my bed (a duvet) and I find it to be scratchy and to have faded. Again can't compare to PB items.

The only thing I might order from them is a rug, as these are much cheaper than PB. Or maybe a down item. But that's about it.

eb1
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
I have loved, loved the cotton crib sheets that I got from Lands End. They have elastic all around and a generous fit--no straining to get the sheet around the mattress, but snug enough to ensure the sheet doesn't peel up. They are soft and have worn very well after two years of constant use.

The only drawback is limited color choices. We have the blue sheets, and the blue is a softer/paler color in real life than the online swatch depicts, so my guess is that the other colors are probably a little nicer/more muted too.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_678_67501_10102_9711_5:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_67501&sid=4474181286386128940