PDA

View Full Version : Please help!! Trying to choose metal or wooden SWIVEL glider and have ? re: Dutailier/Demare and Newport!!!

kzplano
01-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Hello!
Great site!!

I've been researching for almost a month and I'm SOOO tired of doing it!!!
I have several questions, I have not been able to try vary many gliders since the once I want I just can't find in my area.

Questions:
#1- I was very close to purchasing a Dutailier glider but once my husband sat in the one that SWIVELS the seat was too narrow for him. I wish they had the grand chair with a swivel base. Same problem with the Shermag, seats are too narrow.

#2- I went from there to realizing I should look at the fully upholstered ones. The glide just isn't the same. The ones I've sat in have those 4 legged bases (instead of the round ones) and when you glide towards the front it seems to stop too short. Th pBK ones run 600.00 and for that price I figured I'd get something else.

#3- Then I decided I didn't care about the look anymore I just want something comfortable that isn't going to SQUEEK. I looked at the Demare (which by the way did they used to be Relax-R?). They seem to have a wider seating area, have a longer gliding motion and recline.
BUT I wonder if they'll squeek easily and that's my worry.

#4- The last ones I saw online were the Newport Gliders since they seem to be the only ones that also swivel. Any experience with these??

I have an AngelLine glider I used with my daughter and it started to squeek after about 6 months so I don't want another one of those.

If anyone can help me out here I'd REALLY appreciate it!!
Thank you!!!