PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a spare bed in the baby's room?

keschy
03-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I have heard that some people put a futon or twin bed in the baby's room so they can sleep in there once the baby is in the crib. Or it could be a guest bed I suppose. What type of bed do you use? Futon, bed, sofabed?

Lynnie
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't have one, but several friends do. One has a full size bed, and had a comforter made with fabric that matches the crib bedding and curtains, and another has a twin bed, in a boys room, with just a blue that goes with it.

I never had a big nursery, so it wasn't an option, but I love the one with the matching full bed. The whole room is tied together so well.

elliput
03-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Yes. The nursery was a quest room with a twin bed, so I just added a crib, new linens and curtains, and voi-la! Baby's Room! Well, there was a bit more to it than that in the end, but you get the idea. ;-) I didn't want to move the twin bed out of the room, as I still needed a quest bed (we only get quests once or twice a year), and I didn't have anywhere else to store the bed. It has come in handy recently as DD hasn't been sleeping to well on her own this past week or so.

CiderLogan
03-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I think it's a nice place to keep an extra bed and can be fun for sitting on and reading (and can become the child's big bed once the crib days are over), but we don't have any extra beds and haven't been worse off because of it. It was never that big a deal to walk back to my own bed. So don't feel the need to buy one just because, IMO.

Jenny
Mom to Julia, 8/03
...and another GIRL due 5/29/06!

Spencers Mom
03-17-2006, 01:07 PM
We also already had a twin bed in the room before it became a nursery. I got a new blue comforter that matched all my bedding and it really did look great. We didn't get a changing table and just used the bed. It was nice to be able to sit on the bed WITH the baby to put on lotion and change clothes etc. We had a oversized "lap pad" that we put across the end of the bed, like you would put a folded up blanket, so the comforter would be protected from... well you know things that sometimes leak out. ;0)

Now it is DS big boy bed. He already thought it was 'his' since it was in his room so the transition was easy as could be.

cca
03-22-2006, 12:36 AM
we have a twin daybed w/ a trundle in the nursery. it comes in handy for when we have guests. Also since my dd likes to nurse laying down, its handy to have a comfortable place to nurse her before putting her down for the night in her crib. we figure when dd gets older, we'll skip the toddler bed and go straight to the twin and the trundle will come in handy for future sleepovers :)

-chetna